Care.com / unauthorized charges

I signed up for ONE month. One month for $30 and they automatically renewed my membership each month for $30. I had no idea this was happening because of course I did not get an email, thanking me for my continued unauthorized membership payment and a receipt for being screwed. I rang and asked for a refund and I was refused. What happened was I kept getting email from people who wanted to look after my cat but we had already chosen a sitter so the emails were just thanks but no thanks we found one already. I had no idea these were part of the premium membership since I had no idea I was STILL PAYING! So he said, since I used the email, I will not get any money back! I've filled a BBB complaint. This is trickery and such a shoddy business should never be trusted!

Bn

Comments

• Mi
      14th of Dec, 2010

BNMV-
    My name is Mike, I work at Care.com. I am going to reach out to you to see if we can resolve your issue.
    Our premium subscription membership does renew automatically at the end of each billing cycle, which is stated as you choose the premium-level membership. Your premium subscription membership can be downgraded at any time on your Care.com “My Profile & Settings” page or by contacting our Member Care team. The premium-level membership offers full access to our service, which includes the ability to send messages to caregivers, along with caregiver contact details, standard background checks, references, and the backup benefit, Care-on-Call.
    We are glad you found a cat-sitter and we hope we can be a service for you again in the future.
    Best,
    Mike

• Ca
      12th of Feb, 2011

Sittercity is a scam, Babysitting jobs are false advertising, they lie and say they are matchmakers, but they are not, Parents dont even know you exist if you are not on the first page results. It sucks, save your money, before using them and protect yourself from Identity Theft. Complaints keep coming and coming from my friends. Do not use sittercity.