[Resolved] Capital Resorts / Unethical behavior

1 Pigeon Forge, TN, United States Review updated:

We bought our timeshare at Crowne Resorts in approx. 2010. Despite the promise of an indoor water park, lodge house, ect, to be completed, here we are the end of 2015 and still no go. Continue to get excuses of working on getting permits, ect. To make matters worse, in Oct 215 we rec'd the following notice in the mail: Dear Surrey Resorts at Pigeon Forge Owner, In a recent special meeting of the Board of Directors to discuss the current financial status of the Association, it was decided there was a need to address the revenue gap created due to owner delinquency or non payment of dues...Hence the Board found it necessary to levy a special assessment as remediation for the delinquency and to commence foreclosure proceedings on those non recoverable delinquent accounts. Their remedy to address poor management practices among their sales team and their predatory behaviors such as dishonesty, has resulted in my family being billed an additional $300. It is sad to say that this really doesn't surprise me. When we do go back to use our timeshare, they continue with their high pressure pitches to upgrade, or to make other changes to our ownership all the while of not having even followed through on their original promises. It seems to me they are only there to make a sale and they have no boundaries as to what they will do to do it. It is no wonder there is a revenue gap!

• Resolution statement

• Capital Resorts Group Customer Care's Response, Mar 03, 2017

Thank you for reaching out to us concerning Capital Resorts, we appreciate your feedback as we are continuously trying to improve our services. We would like to address all of the issues raised as our goal at Capital Resorts is to provide an exceptional experience and product to all of our owners and guests. We do have several ways to reach us; phone, chat, and email:
    *phone is 844-777-2582
    *website for chat, capitalresortsgroup.com
    *email is [email protected]

Re
Nov 7, 2015

Comments

• Gr
      18th of Nov, 2015

I received the exact same "special assessment". The first time I contacted Capital Resorts regarding this they were rather rude and nasty saying that it was in my contract that I was obligated to pay such assessments. I went through multiple other phone calls and eventually found someone that was forthcoming with all the information I needed to make an educated decision. Essentially, the previous management group for Grand Crowne Resorts (all their locations) screwed up and didn't adjust for inflation over the last 10 years. As such, they were deeply in the hole (at leas that's the story they're going with). The special assessment was to help the company end the year out of the red (I think). After having a long conversation with the Capital Resorts representative, he never came right out and said it, but I gathered that Grand Crowne was in dire financial straights. As I am able, I'm going to pursue avenues that would allow me to "transfer" my ownership to another company (hopefully) so I don't end up completely losing out on my "investment".

16th of Oct, 2018
    Capital Resorts Group - Timeshare

Capital Resorts fraudulently induced my wife and I into a Timeshare. We were promised the moon and haven't got anything but hardship and regret. The fees increase every year. It is impossible to book at properties.