Canon USA / warranty coverage
Upon returning my 7 month old Canon Power Shot SD1000 digital camera to Canon's Factory Service Center for repair of unknown problem (the camera just stopped working), I was informed that the camera was being returned to me "unrepaired". As I inquired to why the camera was not repaired, the response was "Beyond Economical Repair". What does that mean? Since the camera was well under the warranty time limit. As I spoke to the Representative from Canon on the phone to inquire as to getting a replacement camera since the repair was "Beyond Economical" I was then informed that there is evidence of moisture inside the camera unit, and no explaination as to how that happens, when it had never been exposed to water or liquid (it was sitting out on a picnic table when it stopped operating). They could not tell me as to how the moisture got inside and had no answer to my question "Can environmental conditions (ie:humidity) cause this alleged moisture?" Their response was "we have no idea of how the water damage happened, you were the one in possesion of the camera at that time".
Canon is obviously hiding behind their "umbrella" warranty exception and claiming so called water damage in lieu of repairs.
More Canon USA Complaints & Reviews
- Canon - Unathorised charges on my credit card 
- Canon - Bad customer service 
- Canon Si5 Digital Camera - moisture damage
- Canon - Customer Service 
- Canon Canada - The worst digital cameras! 
- Canon - printer ts5060
- Canon USA - customer or technical support
- Canon - canon ixus 185 - worst camera i’ve ever owned
- Canon - delivery of my camera
- Canon - unethical behaviour