Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry / Bad Dental Work / Unethical Dentists

BC, Canada Review updated:

Warning about unethical dentistry in Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry and Dr. Arzate in Cancun. I am Mexican dentist who use to work with Dr. German Arate. I stopped working with them because I could not stand their unethical practices with Americans and Canadians.

Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry is like a revolving door for new inexperienced dentists. Dentist are either fired for not meeting their revenue quota or resign because they could not stand the unethical practices at the clinic. Dr. Arzate runs a high pressure environment where each Mexican dentist are asked to get as much treatment as possible from each patient. To meet your quota, oftentimes doctors are encouraged to recommend more than what patient needs. Simple fillings become root canals and crowns. Crowns are rushed without regard for professional dental procedures such as bite balancing requirements or proper sealing of the crowns.

They even perform big implant cases when none at the facility are properly trained to do so, including Dr. Arzate himself. He doesn’t have a specialization. They perform entire mouth work (they call it smile makeovers) without the proper training to do so. Most of the time, a new dentist work on your case, regardless of how extensive your case. That’s just unethical. Patients experience problems within a year and oftentimes have to redo the work after wasting so much money with Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry.

I feel terrible for many American and Canadians lured by Dr. Arzate and his marketing machine with false advertising of high quality dentistry. Many Canadians including some local government agencies have warned about Dr. Arzate and Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry. They have plenty of bad review online. Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry used to be Dental Maya. Dr. Arzate changed the name from Dental Maya to Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry because the name Dental Maya had so many bad reviews online. Dr. Arzate can change the name of his practice, but he can’t change his last name. For every 1 good testimonial he gets, 2 or 3 others have experienced bad dental care.

I can’t tell you enough how many teeth have been ruined by Dr. Arzate and his Mexico dentists. He gives Cancun dentistry a bad reputation. Many dentist in Mexico think he is a bad example and destroys reputation of other small hardworking dentists.

I don’t even speak English very well, so I had a friend translate this letter. I just feel compelled to say something before more people experience bad dental care from this dentist.

Comments

• Dr
      Feb 14, 2013
    Best Best Advice

I applaud whom ever wrote the post regarding Dr. German Arzate. You are revealing the truth. Hopefully you have helped many dental tourists avoid complete disaster. Dr. Arzate needs his licence pulled. The MDA, and Mexican government need to do a complete investigation of him, his clinics and interview his victims. I have first hand knowledge of his unethical dental practice and his gross medical negligence when preforming dental work. He will singly handily destroy the dental industry in Cancun Mexico if he is not stopped soon. One good thing is the Mexican Government now allows Class Action law suit cases to be heard in the high court of Mexico. Dr. German Arzate could find himself there facing ex-patients that he has injured, bullied and lied about. Again thank you for taking the time in warning the public. People reading this warning regarding Dr.Arzate It would be wise of you to look elsewhere. Preferably staying in your country of origin, and or picking a dentist in Mexico who is ethical and reputable. There are many but you must do your research.

• Ti
      Jul 11, 2019

@Dr. Verdad I have absolutely no idea why you guys are so negative about Dr. Arzate. Today is July 11 and I just finished my appointment. I arrived here July 1st and my surgery for the all-on-4 was on July 2 2019. From the staff especially Patricia Arciniega to the workers in the lab, I have nothing but praises. I am stunned at the work I had done and how good I feel and look after only 9 days and 22 extractions. I am beyond happy and I will recommend this clinic and Dr. Arzate to anyone. He is simply THE BEST. Please get a life or at least tell the truth.

• Dr
      Feb 15, 2013

The dentist referred to is bald but not sure if he is a savant. He does have something wrong for sure i believe it maybe greeditis. You should do some research on him. He made national news for hurting people but still he is in practice. Guess that's kind of savantige.

• Ka
      Mar 21, 2013

People should be careful when you are reading complaints about this dentist and are redirected to a site that has been set up by the dentists the complaints are about. It may be an attempt to redirect and misguide potential patients and cover up the fact the he has several complaints against him. Make sure you check out the bad press he got in Canada. He also took himself off a medical tourism site because of the numerous complaints when his clinic was Dental Maya. Try staying home to do your work if you can because it will be safer if something goes wrong and if you cant then be diligent in your research.

Apr 07, 2013

I had a smile make over at that clinic and its terrible. Open margins on many of the teeth most will have to be replaced at triple the costs. " Hollywood smile" disaster is what I got. Really feeling scammed by these people. They are out and out liars. Dr. German Arzate is not the best and a poor quality dentist that uses low end materials. Dont go to this clinic for a dental trip its a trap you best free yourself of. Not recommended.

• De
      Sep 02, 2013

Youtube video made by Pete Macmullin about this place. Check it out.

• Sc
      Nov 29, 2016

@Dental Student I looked all over for this video - can you provide a link?

• De
      Sep 02, 2013

www.realself.com look up "cancun cosmetic dentist complaint about veneers/crowns". WTF is this guy going to people.

• Ge
      Jan 07, 2017

If someone wants to take the risk to go there for dental work Go but not me!!
    - Hygiene, Security and real price is not good.
    - Open your eyes and don "t pay before.
    -Do not trust this dental office!!

• Ti
      Jul 11, 2019

@George Hentea This place is excellent..I just finished my visit with them...