Cambridge Who's Who / Overcharging

1 Uniondale, NY, United States Review updated:

They will scam you...I did agree to the $598.95 for the full package with the rep on the phone in Dec 09 and I paid it via my AMEX, and it was delivered. Haven't done anything with it.

Then on my Jan 2010 statement, a charge of $199 shows up. This isn't what I agreed to with the rep on Dec 3, 2009 over the phone. I told her I would agree to the $598.95 but it had to include the lifetime as I wasn't going to pay anything more. She agreed.

Now I've disputed it with AMEX in Jan 2010 and received a letter from AMEX with Cambridge supporting all these claims, but not addressing my concern. If the conversation was recorded, I want the recording; unless of course they're editing those things too.

Shouda and Coulda but didn't; "BUYER BEWARE"

I have demanded as a 26 year "member" of AMEX that they reopen this case and truly investigate; maybe AMEX should be a bit more discerning too.

I will file a claim with the NY BBB and investiagate the option with the NY Attorney General.

This is WRONG and it should not be happening to people.

Mr

Comments

• Be
      2nd of May, 2011

Is anyone doing a class action law suit about this? I just got scammed out of over $1000 by those people.

• Ba
      9th of Mar, 2012

I, too, just put all the pieces together and discovered that CWW billed me for one more large charge of $589.00. Because I've had so many complicated situations over the past 6 months (many family issues, surgeries, illness, etc), I thought that the $589.00 charge was actually the $569 charge for the Platinum Program that I had agreed to a few months prior. Just one moment of not being on my "A" game and this is what happens. When I google my own name NOTHING comes up linking me to the CWW directory, only LinkedIn. I just checked with AMEX and the 60 day time frame in which to open up an investigation has passed. I'm going to have to handle this on my own, or just face the fact that I've been taken for quite a bit of money, all for a nice little plaque that tells me what I already know about how successful I am.