California Psychics / scam / fraud

1 Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-773-3428

This company hires people claiming to be "psychics", "mediums", "channelers", etc. Their primary goal is to keep a customer on the phone as long as possible to collect their money and ultimately, be promoted to the next higher price per minute rate. Some of these "psychics" keep notes and reference them by asking your name and birth date again when you call back, some will even ask you to call back within a week while they "pray" about your matter. Three quarters of this company's psychics are flat out frauds. If you take the time to read a lot of their "Testimonials" you'll figure out that a good part of the testimonials are their own employees that answer the phone when you call in with a question or a recommendation or to schedule a call back.

It's truly sad how they're allowed to play with people's emotions when they're down and out only to take their money while laughing all the way to the bank. There really should be a serious investigation of this business who claims it's for entertainment purposes only. I sincerely hope that this complaint will be looked into.

Thank you.

Comments

• Dr
      30th of Nov, 2009

I Agree that the California Psychics is for entertainment only. Don't spend your money on this site. I did and regret it. I have spoken to many of them for the last 3 years. My own fault and choice. But they are 50-50 accurate. For that I don't need to call. Keep your money. Pray to God for guidance and wisdom. He is the onlt one that knows the fiuture.

30th of Jan, 2017

@drr And He's not going to tell you the future...

18th of Dec, 2009

CALIFORNIA PSYCHIC COMPANY ARE RACISTS!!!

30th of Jan, 2017

@CaliforniaPsychics You're not real bright, are you?

3rd of Feb, 2018

@Vapor Trails Anyone who uses a "psychic" isn't real bright, period. Should be obvious to even the most casual observer.

• Co
      9th of Feb, 2010

I was sort of looking for more complains on this company but couldnt find any, I have used them once, am not sure if I should do this again. i DONT like how they charge per minute, some of them charge over $5 a minute. maybe I should become one lol.

• Ge
      25th of Feb, 2010

Stay away from California Psychics!

Any information you provide them, such as credit card info, names, dates of birth and any questions you ask are not secure. Any records that are kept by the psychics must be returned to the company after termination; so beware.

They are only in the business for the money and do not respect nor value customers or their sub-contractors, who are the psychics.

While earning money is fine, they possess an inbalance in that the almighty dollar rules over caring for the hard working psychics (some of them, not all) who are truly gifted and tell the truth.

The majority of them tell the customer anything to get them to keep calling back. That is so unethical..

The site, www.ripoff.com did have several complaints against California Psychics two weeks ago, but they suddenly 'disappeared' and the site claims that section is under construction.

3rd of Feb, 2018

@Genovese Sorry, no such thing as a "psychic". If you believe that there is such a thing, I have land to sell you...oh wait, it's a bridge, in really great shape!

• Ac
      14th of Mar, 2010

I agree about some of the readers on that site. There is a very gifted new psychic who is blowing up their site. His name is Leo and he is the real deal! Also, the best psychic list that is the real deal is Bob Olson's Best Psychics. He is a former investigator and psychic medium who was scammed at a very challenging time in his life. He dedicated this site for people like us who are searching for the real deal. Try Cheryl Anne McGill! You will write to thank me for this incredible psychic medium. Also, check out ask1radio because they have a great show that showcases real psychics. Hope this helps everyone.

A

30th of Jan, 2017

@ACAC What Koolaid are you drinking? No such thing as real "psychics". I bet you believe in bigfoot, ghosts, & the Amazing Kreskin...

• Se
      22nd of Mar, 2010

Did you notice that california psychics does not post any comments regarding negative feedback by clients. Other sites such as psychic source readily do this and it is very helpful when selecting a psychic for a reading. There are some gifted psychics on this site but it is a 50-50 chance.

• Ci
      14th of Nov, 2017

@seeclearly I recently had a reading by Greta, Brendalyn, Chastity, Nesta and Saskia. All gave me predicitions and NONE came true. So I posted feedback stating that they were nice BUT their predicitions didnt come to pass. GUESS WHAT ?... none of my feedback was posted on their testimonials. This means, the testimonials feedback left by others is either FAKE or only the positive ones are kept. Im going with FAKE.

3rd of Feb, 2018

@CityG Well, look at their names. They're po&n star names - Chastity, Nesta, Brendalyn, Saskia...really? I mean, maybe Greta, but the others are names of people in the adult film industry, if you know what I mean...

• Ak
      8th of May, 2010

Total scam. I wasted my money on one reading...thankfully it was only one. That was my first and last time I'll use a psychic hotline. While I'm sure there are actual psychics on there, I'm not wasting my time, nor am I desperate enough to try out a new reader (I already have a couple I occasionally go to). You are much better off getting a reading from your local metaphysical bookstore. At least their rates will be cheaper because you are more than likely giving your money directly to the psychic (i.e., no overhead fees).

Look, I understand that everyone is to make a quick buck, but taking advantage of people who ask for clarity and comfort in times of need does not sit well with me. A good psychic will help motivate you to improve your situation and empower you, not give you vague answers about your future and make you dependent on them. I can only imagine what kind of karma they're building up for themselves. Yeesh.

3rd of Feb, 2018

@Ak84 A "good psychic"? Really? Man are you snowed...if you need clarity, say a prayer, or better yet, go volunteer & help the needy. You'll feel much better about yourself & you won't have to spend a buck!

• Pr
      10th of Jun, 2010

I totally agree about California Psychics as I tried them once and basically, the psychic tried to run up the time and on top of it she more so tried to play psychologist and be an actual reader. And being a tarot reader myself I know alot of them do take notes and will even discuss certain people who call in (especially if a person calls in every so often) with other readers that way the calls are typically scripted. Like for example if a reader tells a caller to call back in a few days, that reader may discuss your case with other readers on the site so that when he or she calls back they have your information already...it's nothing new. I also agree that it is totally wrong to play on a person's emotions for material gain and defeats the purpose of what being a psychic is...they're vultures if not more than anything.

8th of Mar, 2018

@projectbluelight @projectbluelight Some of the nonsense you are spewing here is so off base and untrue. My best friend is a psychic for a living. She has worked at many of the lines including Psychic Source and currently works for California Psychics. Let me just say that ALL the psychics on both the lines do NOT talk to each other. They don't even know each other and are far too busy to share notes as you put it! What notes! Ridiculous!This just doesn't go on. They all work from home from all over the world and they don't know each other unless a friend gets a friend a job there which doesn't happen too often. Also they are NOT scripted at all. This shows how little you truly know and really, no one should be believing a word you are saying because it just isn't true. The psychics themselves do NOT have access to the credit card numbers etc... of the caller either! They also make a FRACTION of what the company makes. My friend was "screened" both by Psychic Source & California Psychics. Psychic Source was very easy to get hired on but California Psychics made her give quite a few readings before they allowed her on the line to see if she was actually psychic. Psychic Source hired within days, CA Psychics took 3 months & they are strict. And NO Vapor Trails is way off too. And NO they don't work the sex lines. Psychic Source pays their psychics 52 cents a minute out of the money they get. They are NOT a good company. All the feedback on CA Psychics is actual feedback. Psychic Source trows in negative feedback because they think that makes them legit. It doesn't. And FYI @projectbluelight there is NO way they can write their own feedback!
    It isn't possible and you are incorrect. Shame on you. Used to be able to do it on Keen & even Keen has now taken precautions to prevent that. I do know however the Psychic Source puts negative crap all over the internet against CA Psychics. And as far as Bob Olson @ACAC he is one of the biggest scammers out there!! Are you kidding me! He cannot be trusted. Just shows how ignorant people are about what really goes on. Psychic readings are NOT an exact science. I do know that my friend is a very good reader with over 40 years experience.
    She has read for Presidents, princess Diana etc... AND for ME. She is awesome. So unless you really know what you are talking about, and you CLEARLY don't you need to refrain from writing lies. You are clueless about how the lines work and the psychics on them. Also Keen is just a platform, NOT a psychic line.

• Ps
      23rd of Mar, 2018

@CaroleH I totally agree. I have called the california psychics for over two years. I have spoken with some of the most gifted psychics on their site. you may call them scammers, frauds, or rips offs... but you would be absolutely wrong. some psychics you connect with... others you don't. sounds like some of you are looking for possibly "miracles?" maybe, something set in stone? the psychics I have had an excellent connections with are zitta, pollyanna, nancy, linda, samantha, charlotte, virginia, johnnie, silla, fallon, kayley, and delphine. each one were very visionary and extraordinarily spot on with their psychic descriptions and timelines. what they told me, came to pass, some within the time frames, some occurred sooner, and some occurred a couple days later. but, they occurred. I have never been misled, kept on the phone longer than needed, or told to keep calling back for more answers, or even given bogus information to keep me on the hook. they are all the real deal... some may be more seasoned with their gifts than others... but even they, too, are becoming just as seasoned.in my opinion, cp has the most ethical and forthright psychics in their organization. just because you didn't hear what you wanted to hear when you called... doesn't warrant labeling this organization as scammers, rip offs, or frauds. cp also offers suggestions on how to prepare and get the most out of your readings under the heading of topics, tools and abilities. it's there if you want it. you just have to read it. that's all.

• Yo
      28th of Sep, 2018

@CaroleH Do me a favor: tell your “psychic” friend to give me a call. If she IS the real deal, then she’ll know my name and phone number.

• Ri
      4th of Jul, 2010

California psychic readers are total scams! no they do not allow negative information to be posted because they know that they will lose business if you really knew how bogus their "psychics" are via real feedback. very unethical. how can a reader be on a site for 1 year and have 9 feedbacks? don't ever use "madison" or "darcy" on that site... horrible!!!

27th of Jul, 2010

Www.yourpsychicinfo.com > they are scamming people who only want your moiney and they prey on the elderly, mostly olmuch older men!!! located in dallas, texas.... psychic has got many different names she goes by. my grandfather got scammed big time while going there and he felt completely helpless while seeing this woman psycho!! beware folks!!!

1st of Sep, 2010

Hi,

I've noticed these posts are from a few months back. Has anyone tried California Psychics recently. I just tried them a few days ago out of curiosity. I've tried a couple of the new readers because the first reading I didn't like so they put me through another one. I tried to find more reviews on the psychics I read with but couldn't find ones except for the ones on their own site. Do you think they post those themselves? If you have used this site recently as of 2010 can you please share your experience? Thanks.

• Pr
      4th of Sep, 2010

I used California Psychics the other day and it was not that great of an experience and to be honest, I think they script read; also when I submitted a complaint to them they just returned it as though it was sent to the incorrect email address.
    I do believe that on most sites readers write their own reviews or like on other sites such as Keen (and I know this for a fact) readers will read other readers and leave "positive" feedback, etc. and I know all of this because I too am a reader which is why I no longer read on sites because most are unfortunately scams and I do not go by most of the standards that other readers and sites use as well I blow the whistle on alot of them. They treat their customers horribly and only feed false hope, etc. to drain money...don't do it.
    There are probably only 1% of readers who are genuine out of 99% so please watch yourself.

30th of Jan, 2017

@projectbluelight "To be honest"? If you have to state that, then I have to believe that at any other time, you are being dishonest. What a world...no wonder you people call "psychics"...you don't have the intelligence to make it on your own...

8th of Mar, 2018

@Vapor Trails @projectbluelight and where do you get your bogus information from? because is is a bunch of bs.
    If anyone is full of it it is you. you don't have the intelligence to be quiet when you don't know what you are talking about!

4th of Sep, 2010

Hi Projectbluelight, Can you send me a message and let me know whom you've read with at California Psychics if it was just a few days ago? I got this psychic who asked me quite a bit of questions, then based on my answers to her questions she'd answer me. I wanted to read with someone else but then someone customer service referred me to her instead. I'm wondering if you read with the same person. I don't think I'll call again but out of curiosity I'd like to know whom you've read with on the site although I'm kind of concerned about something she said so I'm hoping she is a fake. Please do message me when you can. Thanks.

12th of Sep, 2010

I think the comment from drr is the best... all you can do is pray to god for wisdom and guidance.

I was calling california psycics for years and let me tell you nothing they have ever said has come true. i'll name some very specific things that was said by many different psycics:

- they said that I would be dating various girls in my life by certain periods, this did not happen with any of them.
    - one of the one who has the highest rating on the site and considered to be the most accurate (I cant recall his name unforutnatly) was very specific about the career I was going into, and that I would eventually move from canada to live in washington state for a few years and named an it company. well, realisitcally that was about 3 years back, didnt happen in the time frame and in fact I moved in the exact opposite direction out east to toronto to open my own business.
    — most of the psycics have been very clear and said i'd be living out on the west coast, well again didnt happen i'm here living in toronto (which for those of you who arent familiar is far out east) and have no plans on moving ever.
    - many gave very similar and specific time lines, none of which came true, for career, finance or romane.
    - many of the psycics themselves say that they are for entertainment purposes only
    - they just give me generic advice.
    -many of them are listed as astrologers but when you call they dont do astrology. the call center will reiumburse the money for that though.

And in all honesty folks i've tried a few different sites, such as keen.com, and its the exact same situation. I dono if theres real psycics out there anymore, I really used to believe in them hardcore but not so much anymore, and that's just based on my experiences here. thats why I agree with with what drr said, just pray to god for guidance. work hard, make goals and do you absolute best. I realized when I put away the phone and stopped calling psycics, and made the decision to make my life happen, things just really began to unfold. took lots of hard work and effort but I think that's the best way to deal with things.

12th of Sep, 2010

Here's the thing... I actually have a friend that worked at a phone sex line who fully admitted that many of the people who worked at psycic lines, also worked at the phone sex lines.
    Scary thought I know, but its true I'm sorry to say.

• Th
      13th of Sep, 2010
    Best Best Advice +6 Votes

Greetings,

I believe there are a few good psychics on California Psychic that are legit and will not hold the phone with you and waste your time intentionally. Then again, I have read with some of their "best” and have not been impressed. I do not recommend anyone to call a psychic repeatedly.

In 2009, I called so many psychic hotlines that I max my credit card limit. I had developed a psychic dependency and it embarrassed me to the core. Some psychics were literally predictors, milking me dry. Using words of caution just before our time would end. I had a psychic that wanted to sell me a bloodstone for $300 dollars and another that wanted to charge me to lift a curse, and sell me expense candles etc. Thank goodness, I was not that vulnerable to purchase any of their tools.

One day I was reading my notes from previous readings and I realized that I have been paying for the same predictions repeatedly for the past two years. I finally had enough of my impulsive spending. I wrote a note and posted it on my bedroom door that read, "Learn to trust your own intuition.” Now, I do not have the desires to get a reading every time something goes wrong. I find patience to deal any situation head-on and wait for the aftermath or the next assignment.

Now, I pray daily for guidance and go with the flow. I gathered like-minded friends for support and began writing my thoughts in a journal. I exercise, read, and meditate more than I had in the past. Today, I feel empowered. I have always known that we are capable of living a six-sensory life. Now, I encourage everyone to use his or her own intuition.

It saddens me that legit psychics lose credibility by working on psychic hotlines. It also saddens me that psychics want popularity on psychic hotlines so they lose all boundaries to make an extra buck a minute.

8th of Mar, 2018

@theLimeLight psychics don't lose credibility by working on Psychic lines! They don't make a buck a minute either let alone an extra buck! Maybe on Keen when many of the psychics on there charge a ridiculous amount of money. Even then Keen takes 40% to use their platform. Intuition is different than actually being psychic. There are also psychics that have the gift of prophecy therefore they are able to receive messages from God through prayer to empower others. If you truly had a six-sensory life you wouldn't be writing negative things about others that are not true. Your perceptions are not only way off but this holier than thou attitude & acting like you have things mastered is not very believable. It saddens me that Patty234 and others are actually enlightened by what you have said.

• Em
      14th of May, 2018

@CaroleH Everyone can tell you work for California Psychics. It's embarrassing how blatantly obvious it is. And if not, then that's a super, SUPER depressing waste of your time to be responding to aaaaaaaaall these comments. You're a fake Carole H.

13th of Sep, 2010

Hey Limelight,
    Just wanted to say thanks for sharing, reading that, all of that was me too, maxed my credit cards etc and same results as you. Nothing to be emberresed about, a lot of us have done the same thing

• Pa
      22nd of Oct, 2010

Hi Limelight -- Thank you for your empowering and enlightening post. So many of us have been there -- it's an awful feeling turning our inner power over to a voice on the phone. When I wasn't trying to control my destiny through another person's power and just allowing life to come to me, so many doors were opened. It seems that the more we try to control someone or some situation, it's pulled away from us. As I write this, I'm heeding your advice, trusting my own intuition and ending my co-dependency.

• Cr
      25th of Oct, 2010

I've actually had really great experiences on California Psychics to be honest!! My favorites are Leo, Lonnie, Michelle, William, Venus, Abrielle and Berlin!! They have all helped me through a lot. They were all pretty consistent and so far several predictions caught me by surprise and came true!! Word of caution...you have to be very selective about who you read with. I have had a few bad reads...follow your gut and hang up. The downside is they are expensive...not a good habit to develop...but when you need confirmation or clarity...it is a great service to have available. Good luck!!

30th of Jan, 2017

@CR, Amh "To be honest"? If you have to state that, then I have to believe that at any other time, you are not honest, right?

• Pe
      4th of Nov, 2010

I spoke to three different people and I got three different answers. Actually, the first one was good, only good. They are very nice to you as a new customer, but if you have a complaint, forget it, not matter what they say. They'll try to fix it, hell no they won't!!! They are out to make $ period!!! Don't be duped. You'll never again get the good psychic they hooked you up in the first place - forget it. Spend your good $ elsewhere.

9th of Mar, 2018

@Petrel @Petrel this is not true at all. Of course you got three different answers because you called three different psychics! The comments on here borderline on ignorant. On Ca. Psychics they do have you talk to the same psychic again if they are working and you ask for them so this is just untrue period.