Calcutta Medical Research Institute / mis treatment
PLEASE READ THIS . This is a very honest Statement I want to share to all :
My father was admitted to CMRI hospital in Kolkata . He was suffering from Sickle cell Anemia and had gone very weak .
The hospital on the day of admission took full care and showed hospitality . But would happen after that we could have never thought .The hospital has shown its reality that it is running a business and are only interested in taking up new patient and sucking money out of them. In this world where doctors are treated equally to God and the profession which they are into should be done with compassion and care is a mere business now. Even Butchers show more compassion when killing an animal.
INSIDE THE ICU : (HOW PATIENTS ARE TRETATED)
1. First time, I saw in ICU of a hospital that people are allowed to enter in slippers without any mask, aprons etc. They are allowed to make noises and rush through. Can anyone imagine this scenario where a patient was kept in ventilator.
2. The Nurses used to pinch my father’s body hard to give the oral medicine when he was sleeping. And to the level he got so scared that anyone who touched his body he would open his mouth unconsciously.
3. His hands were tied to sides of bed . This was done to person who was weak to even lift his hand. And tied so hard that blood clotted on the places it was tied.
4. Since he was put on ventilator, He could not speak and did only gestures to explain his needs. The nurses are taught to be ruthless here as they only replied “Shut Up. I Can’t understand what you are trying to say” . Hardly did anyone to take any effort to understand the needs of the person. We could understand his gestures when visiting but the nurses could not.
5. Blankets were mercilessly dumped upon him when he asked for extra one as he felt cold.
6. The blankets were tucked in so hard that he didn’t even have a centimeter to move .
7. The moment he died immediately all clothes were pulled off his body saying that it is hospitals property.
So, there was no care and compassion in the nurses and they were just completing their duty hours anyhow . This was a general complain I got from every other patient’s relative.
ABOUT THE WAY OF TREATMENT
1. My father was being attended by a Hematologist who after observing him once, went sick and was admitted to hospital himself. For one week there was no other doctor in his place and hospital took no responsibility to bring any temporary doctors. We kept running everywhere but not a single action was taken. This was the treatment to a patient who was critical.
2. On day 2, my father had internal bleeding which was not even noticed and medicine was administered after 5 hours of continuous blood loss. & This was only done when my mother noticed the blood on bed sheet in the visiting hours. The shift nurses said that she had reported but Doctor (Anirban Chatterjee) didn’t take any action.
3. He continuously administered high dosage of antibiotics that there were big blisters all over body but he did not notice even one. He didn’t even cared to see any reactions on body. Anyone can tell that strong dosage cannot be given to a weak body except the doctor.
4. In ICU, is it not imperative that doctors themselves are supposed to update the relatives about the status . After waiting in hospital for 12 hrs, continuously for 4 days, We could meet doctor (Anirban Chatterjee) after chasing down . Even without seeing the reports he told that progress was not good (More or less like shooing off) . He came on his will and wish to hospital and sometimes did not also. There were so many patients waiting for him but he did not pay heed.
5. He was also under a Gastroenterologist ( Anirban Chatterjee) who from the day of admission told that please don’t keep hope . Isn’t it the moral responsibility of doctors to say some kind words at least to patient and relatives to keep up the spirits. I believe half the magic happens when doctor’s keep the patients motivated with encouraging words.
It is a request to all that, please visit the hospital prior to admitting a patient, Look at the facilities and do a bit of research on the treatment because there are leeches everywhere who want to suck money. My complain is more against the way of treatment rather than the treatment. I lost my Father and he had to die a very painful death . He had walked in the hospital but came out in death bed in a week. I really regret coming to this Hospital It was our bad that he went so weak after bringing here that he was not in a condition to be shifted to other hospital. (Also, within a week 3 other patient in the ICU lost their lives. And Hospital ensured that they sucked maximum possible money by putting maximum equipment’s before he dies )and Please if you love your near and dear ones I will not advise anyone to come to this hospital. This hospital is just another crematorium where money is sucked and people lose their lives. I’ve been to government hospitals but this is way far worse hospital that I’ve ever seen. The ICU where they charged 7000/- per day for the bed is equal to a general ward in a government hospital.
It is a request for the administration to get a reality check of hospital.
More Calcutta Medical Research Institute Complaints & Reviews
- Calcutta Medical Research Institute - fraud billing in operation-dr. b.r. kundu
- Calcutta Medical Research Institute (CMRI) - this complain is regarding working attitude of dr. biswarup lahiri of general medicine.
- Calcutta Medical Research Institute (CMRI) - doctor manocha's extreme rude behavior
- Calcutta Medical Research Institute (CMRI) - dr sandeep bhattacharya
- Calcutta Medical Research Institute (CMRI) - overcharging & inflated estimates to swindle insured patients
- Calcutta Medical Research Institute (CMRI) - room service
- Calcutta Medical Research Institute (CMRI) - final settlement bill and money receipt
- Calcutta Medical Research Institute (CMRI) - inpatient services
- Calcutta Medical Research Institute (CMRI) - doctor's punctuality
- Calcutta Medical Research Institute (CMRI) - ck birla hospitals – cmri, entire system including the doctors are corrupted