Caine & Weiner / Fraudulent Collection practice

1 po box 5010Woodland Hills, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 818-226-6000

This company is attempting to collect on a non-existent fake amount from a company we actually do business with. They have sent letters to us with no invoice just an amount and also contacted us with very rude phone calls and giving no validation information. I had noticed that our company name was wrong but instead referred to our company by a URL we use. Thier practice must be to discover the target from a paid advertisement, then obtain the targets contact info then generate a fake collection bill.

More Caine & Weiner Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ab
      27th of Apr, 2011

they are the ### of the earth

• Wh
      3rd of Oct, 2012

I received a rude call from them at which time I asked them to send me a bill. They are trying to collect $1400 for the service of being arrested. They are very rude when I call them and I cannot get any answers from them. I have called the LA Police and the Courts to find out if this is actually owed. JC Services that handles all the collections for the court states they have never heard of them before and no one can tell me if LAPD is now charging their citizens for the service of being arrested. I have never heard of such a thing and being a tax payer for 38 years would like to know if this is true, what are they doing with my tax money. They are saying that if I don't pay it will be reported to the credit reporting agencies and I have a very good credit rating but than again I don't want to pay if this is scam. Does anyone know who I can contact to verify this? Please help me!

• Th
      12th of Oct, 2012

Write them a CMRRR and demand proof of debt per Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Make sure you mention those words. Instruct them that they have 30 days failure to produce which your letter is a cease and desist against them from further contacting you regarding this imaginary/manufactured debt. That any further attempt at contacting you will be considered as harassment and you will seek legal redress. The same applies should they make any representations in any way, shape or form regarding your credit records. Includes the words by a copy of this letter the following officers are notified of the same,
    cc. You state Attorney General,
    cc Your attorney (if any)
    cc FTC
    cc that new Fed. bureau on consumer protection
    cc A local TV station, you know how they love to investigate cr@p.
    In other words carry a big club even if you are out to fight a fly. The foregoing won't cost you anything considerable contrasted from the what they can put you through if you don't take control and dictate the terms here.

If you need further help post your questions at debtorboards.com.
    Be sure to google these so you need to educate your good self on your consumer rights under federal laws first, FDCPA and FCRA.
    1-what to do when you are contacted by a collections agency.
    2-your rights under federal laws FDCPA and FCRA
    3-Validation of debt (VOD), cease and desist (C&D), CMRRR
    4-Your state's Statute of Limitations (SOL) on debt.

• De
      1st of Nov, 2012

The internet is such a detrimental tool in the hands of idiots. first off, the FDCPA only pertains to consumer debt. Most people who frequent sites such as this have far too much time on their ands and fail to understand the difference between consumer debt and commercial debt. If you did, you would never make yourself out to be such a tool. If the individuals would simply pay their bills and not be such a deadbeat then maybe there wouldn't be any collection agencies after them. What a concept!!! Pay your bills.

• 12
      28th of Jun, 2017

@debunker You don't know the story of other people so go away, if you aren't involved then why are you even on this website. You are a [censor] that is for sure. Think you know everything.

• Th
      3rd of Nov, 2012

@debunker
    Here you go preaching hollow wisdom. Save your breath and time.

• Da
      12th of Feb, 2016

I received a profoundly rude, inaccurate, accusatory, abusive, insult-filled call from one of their representatives. She grossly mispronounced names, businesses, didn't have details or facts, yet demanded money. It was a horribly unprofessional experience.

• Du
      11th of Jun, 2016

Is it just I the only one who instead of getting mad and upset, I return the favor to the bill collectors and telemarketers. I prank call them back. I sometimes call them back telling them am not coming into work today calling in sick. or I call them telling them, late on there mortgage payment. They have two weeks to move out of their house. I have fun with them. They use to call me 5 times in two minutes and just hang up. so i call them 5 times in a row to. Come on people go have some fun, crank call a bill collector today. it's fun.

• Ti
      27th of Sep, 2016

Well I received a letter in the mail saying I owed a company I have never even heard of. When I called Caine & Weiner I talked to a woman named Sherry. I asked her for the address and phone number of the company I owed so that I could call them and find out some information. She gave me an address and telephone number and I called said company which explained that they do not have an account on me. They do not have an account with me. That they were a company that only sale to other companies, not individuals. I had the Manager at RJO call Sherry at Caine & Weiner to say as much. When I called Caine & Weiner today expecting everything to be all cleared up the told me that it was a different company I owed. I now owe Pods. When I asked her about the change in company she said she googled it yesterday and gave me what came up. When I asked her about providing bills or proof of owing this she said it would take up to two weeks then we would find out who I actually owe the money too. If this is not fraud I don't know what is.

• Ti
      16th of May, 2018

@Tigerlily73 I had a gentleman call me saying I owed over $4000 to PODS. I’m wondering if that is just their default. I haven’t received anything from PODS and it’s been over 5 years

11th of Jan, 2017

Yes. A woman named Ms. Labord called and was very unprofessional. Very rude. She had the wrong phone number and kept harassing me even when I told her that she had the wrong number. I will be complaining to the BBB about this company and their employee!