Complaint against BigIndianTobacco.com - 11/25/2008
I have tried this on two separate Computers, with two different Operating Systems and Hardware, with the same results, so there are no Computer issues involved, in my opinion.
1. Seemed very legitimate, and set up an Account on 11/18/2008, to have Shipments Charged by ACH from my Bank Account, on a 30-day recurring basis (Order #112173) which states "Expect to receive your order within 7 to 14 days, if your order is not received after 14 days please contact us", but so far they have not even acknowledged acceptance of the order, much less shipped it.
2. Faxed a copy of their Form (with Bank Routing and Account Number), signed and dated, with a copy of my Driver's License (for age verification), and a copy of a Voided Check, to their FAX Number 1-888-374-5417, the FAX went through OK.
3. The ACH, for $77.80, cleared my Bank on 11/19/2008 (the following day).
4. Their Website however still indicates (as of 11/25/2008), one week after the ACH clearing my Bank, that the funds have not even cleared - as pertaining to my order, their Website states:
4.1. Orders that have not shipped, order #112173, Priority, Approved waiting to be packed, On Hold waiting for Funds to clear.
4.2. Emails sent to their Email Address (firstname.lastname@example.org) are not replied to (I have sent several).
4.3. I even tried requesting an "Email my password" (I already know my password), just to check if I receive a reply, i.e. if they actually send an Email, and the Website replied "Check your Email - we have just sent you an Email with your password. Once you have your password click LOGIN" - however, that Email is never sentreceived, I have tried that several times too.
4.4. They even have a "Live Call In available 24/7" Link, which doesn't work, however their Telephone Number (1-800-926-6202) does work all the time.
4.5. They also have a Postal Mail Address "KASP, P.O. Box 365, Irving, N.Y. 14081" - I have not tried to send them letters yet.
I have Telephoned them several times - they are very polite and cooperative, however I receive (in my personal opinion) a "runaround":
1. First, when I stated that the funds have cleared my Bank, but your Website says you are still waiting for the funds to clear, I was told that although they went through my Bank, they have not gotten to their Bank yet.
2. Then when I questioned them further about why does it take so long for an ACH to get to your Bank, it should be virtually instantaneous, then they changed their "excuse" and told me that they are waiting for the "Adult" verification.
3. Then when I informed them that I sent the Verification to them by FAX on the 18th, and called back to verify that they had actually received it, and was told that they had received it, they just said that they would send a memo to that Department inquiring, and it should show up On Line shortly.
When these problems started initially happening I sent them an Email (one of the several ones that was never replied to) and the Customer Service person seemed surprised (or should I say “feigned” surprise) when I told her that, although they initially seemed very legitimate, but I was now beginning to think this might be a scam, however I would wait a bit longer to see what happens – this was on the 24th – now on the 25th with their Website still showing the same, I am filing a complaint.
BTW, in addition I have found almost an identical complaint to mine, about BuyDiscountCigarettes.com (on https://www.complaintsboard.com),
which mentions that they list the same NY Address on their Website, that BigIndianTobacco.com lists on their Website – very suspicious (it also helps that I have complete dated Screen Captures of about everything on their Website, including my “Account” details, for evidence).
I am filing this complaint initially to the BBB and https://www.complaintsboard.com,
(I've given up on calling BigIndianTobacco again, for the moment, and sending Emails is a useless endeavor) because I will no doubt receive the same BS runarounds, put offs, and excuses, however out of “fairness” I will give them a little more time, before I start filing complaints against them with the FTC, Consumer Affairs, the State District Attorneys, Law Enforcement, and any other Legal entity I can find to complain to, plus in addition contact my Bank to have any “recurring charges” from them denied because, even if they finally do fully acknowledge my “account”, with funds cleared, on their Website, I doubt that I will ever receive anything – there will just be more excuses and delays.