Budweiser / remove the offensive billboard

United States Review updated:

Remove the offensive billboard. In Spokane, Washington on North Market Street is a billboard that so far as I can tell, has nothing to do with advertising a product. Instead it advertises and immoral practice. A Budweiser logo is on the billboard.

The message has words to the affect: 'want to come home with me tonight' are a pick up line that works every time. This is with a picture of a woman, not with the picture of a beer bottle. The ad has appearance of impropriety. It seems to be advising with innuendo that women should invite men home for sex. Using stereotypic gender romance to sell beer, if it causes people to think drunkenness and positive interpersonal relationships go together, is pushing an outright lie.

Our community standard based on City of Spokane and County of Spokane efforts to promote wholesome marriages and families, does not coincide or concur with the harmful content of this billboard.

Further the phrase 'works every time' crosses the line of truth. Superlatives assert reliability that has no exceptions. Is Budweiser attempting to make a cult of intoxication? To want to get people to desire something that is harmful to them is cruel. Please remove this offensive billboard.

Remove the billboards that have this ad.

• John Degen's Response, Sep 27, 2017

I will no longer buy any Bud products until Bud stops advertising with an organization that hates our flag, and hates our military men and women, the NFL!

• Bad business marketing's Response, Jan 07, 2018

It is very offencive and unacceptable

• Alex bush's Response, Apr 20, 2018

Got bad beer born on date 9418

• Alex bush's Response, Apr 20, 2018

I very up set another 6 pack from this store with bad beer

• LouLouFrance's Response, Sep 19, 2018

Unopened bottle barly had beer in it.. unsatisfied

• Stacy LaBruno's Response, Sep 28, 2018

Would appreciate a refund. Paid $5.73

Comments

• La
      Dec 30, 2011

bought bud 30 packs beer. We live up stairs taking, it up stairs and the handle brook, this is the third time this has happened in 2 weeks. We lost beer because it rolled down the stairs were losing money buying your beer, this is getting out of hand fix your handles.

Aug 15, 2018
    Budweiser - Budweiser beer
    Bakersfield
    California

I was dumping out 9 cans of beer when an eyelash YES AN EYELASH came out of the can that was fully closed!!! IT WAS SO GROSS!!! To think that it came out of a can while in daylight makes me question what we were drinking last night. Really upset that this happened and makes me question what other people are drinking too and unsanitary this is.

• Me
      Aug 15, 2018
    Budweiser - 24 pack offers free product
    Nanaimo
    British Columbia
    Canada

Purchased 3 x 24 boxes of beer hoping to win the dark hoodie for my hubby the box inside in all was empty???? (WHAT!) the case didn't look tampered with and said to contact you directly
    Unhappy Customer
    Melanie Clifford
    281 Harwell Road
    Nanaimo BC
    V9R6T9
    [protected]@shaw.ca
    Now my complaint is to short and will be ignored so now I'm really mad

• Ga
    Budweiser - Bottle beer
    Bellevue, Michigan

I purchased 12 pack of bottle Budweiser and had a bottle with a significant divet in the bottle. Was very scared to drink it. I have never encountered a bottle that had a flaw like this before...

• Da
    Budweiser - Bud light summer mix
    West Kelowna
    Canada

I'm here to complain about outrages prices we pay for beer that contains 2.4% alcohol!
    I bought a 12 pack of the Summer mix in the cans to enjoy on my patio after yard work with a friend. I was amazed to pay $ 29.00 Canadian for a 12 pack!

• Th
    Budweiser - Home run glass
    Oakville
    Ontario
    Canada

Hey I'm not really here for a complaint but I bought a case of beer with the blue jays stuff inside it I ended up getting the paper with the home run glass left it on the counter and my grandma threw it out I'm really dissapointed because I really wanted it bought another case and got the blue jays hat could I please have a code to get the glass

• Du
    Budweiser - Budweiser 28 one of 3 free items
    Canada

I purchased the case expecting to get one of the three. I wanted perhaps a t shirt for myself and the glass for my wife. I come home to find out it has expired this so upsetting. I thought this would be such a surprise but very disappointing. My wfe not well loves the free stuff. I now cant.

• Sh
    Budweiser - Budweiser bottles
    Ireland

I bought a box of 20 bottles of budweiser and I opened them and as I was putting them in the fridge I cut my fingers. I did not realise that there was a broken bottle in the middle of the box. The bottle had dried and there were shards of glass on all the other bottles.

• Br
    Anheuser-Busch Companies - Bud lite
    St.thomas
    Canada

You have a promotion going with a 28 case of bud lite .. the sunglasses I received were the most ugly sunglasses I have seen .. maybe look at a better style. . I really wanted the huddy or the hat .. but you make great bud .. cheers
    Best regards
    Brent Barrett

• Je
    Anheuser-Busch Companies - Shocktop Pretzel Wheat

I would like to request Shcocktop Pretzel Wheat be made again. It was greatly missed in 2017 and we heard rumors that it is no longer going to be made. Please bring it back for the fall of 2018! Thank you!

• Al
    Anheuser-Busch Companies - Busch light
    Reed City, Michiganreed city

Skunked

Anheuser-Busch Companies - 24 pack beer
    Marysville
    California

Sour and bad tasting beer. Never had an issue before but as bad as this tasted I don't think I'll be buying bud anymore, the taste was horrible .
    I couldn't drink any of it and am mad that I am out the money I spent

• Da
    Budweiser - Home Run-Synced Glass
    Windsor
    Ontario
    Canada

Bought a 28 Pack of Budweiser today April 20, 2018 Went to Budweiser.Ca to enter my pin and it will not let me in My birthday is August 16, 1968

• Bo
      Aug 28, 2018
    Budweiser - bud light

I have a problem. I will not buy bud light because it advertises on NFL. But since I do not watch NFL I will never know if they stop.

The internet seems to only go by categories. Could you let me know when you stop supporting NFL games?

• Tb
      Aug 29, 2018
    Budweiser - Superbowl Commercial

You really dropped the ball this year. After all the epic commercials involving the Clydesdales, you now try to appease the fans with a webcam? I really thought you would out more thought into it and come up with another moving and memorable commercial.

• La
    Anheuser-Busch Companies - Busch lite 18 pack bottles
    West Haven
    Connecticut

Bought a 18 pack Busch lite bottles from Ye Olde Package store in West Haven Ct on January 12 2018.Was wondering if there was a problem in the bottle process that the caps did not go on properly.13 of the 18 were flat .As I Said was just curious if there happened to be a malfunction. Thank you for your time.

• Ba
    Budweiser - Your ad with the cross
    KANSAS CITY
    Kansas

That ad with that magician turning your beer into cross is very defensive and sacrilegious and blasphemous we are not going to buy any of your product and work until you take that ad off of your advertisement

• Su
    Budweiser - Bud light

I purchased a 12 pack of bud light. two of the cans were not right. they were kind of collapsed on the sides.

SKU 018200530470

Meijers Columbus Ohio
    12/15/17

this is just an FYI for your company if you get other complaints

• Ta
      Sep 02, 2018
    Budweiser - Advertising

NFL allows knee; allows NBC to broadcast it, but says no to Vets?

AMVETS says NFL censored its ad against flag protests. https://tiny.iavian.net/l7x5

DILLY, DILLY!

• Ha
      Sep 02, 2018
    Budweiser - delivery driver
    Fort Worth
    Texas

Budweiser delivery truck blocking side entry into strip mall to deliver and was quite rude about it L# YO4 148. Uncalled for could have moved a few feet back to accommodate folks coming in from the side. 12/11/7 Ace Liquor store on McCart st

• Do
      Sep 03, 2018
    Budweiser - tv advertising

The recent tv ads for Bud Light are questionable. Especially the one using the torture chamber. I would like to think our society is beyond this depiction of every day Bud Light consumption. You can do better.

• Jc
      Sep 03, 2018
    Budweiser - Lime a rita

I just paid Safeway California prices for a lime a rita 12 pack and it's filled with strawberrita. I have pictures. I can't drink this.

• Sh
      Sep 05, 2018
    Budweiser - misuse of your brand.( maybe)
    aurangabad
    India

I don't know what kind of beer I drunk yesterday. But I was shocked by seeing your brand name" Budweiser "on that bottle.is this safe for drunk? Or not. Please reply.

• Tr
      Sep 06, 2018
    Budweiser - Out of date 500ml cans
    Ireland

Hi Budweiser An 8 pack on my way home and upon drinking a couple it didn't taste right and when I checked the bottom of the can it was out of date !!! It's says born 09/11/15 then B.B. 08/11/16 21:54 please can u check this out for me I've 2 cans left if u need them I'm a Budweiser drinker for 20years or so would let's just say I wasn't to happy

• Pa
    Anheuser-Busch Companies - Nfl sponsorship

I am military war vet, I've buried more than one friend who's casket was covered in our flag . If you continue to sponsor those ungrateful spoiled athletes in the NFL I along with every vet I know will NO longer purchase your products...

• 1c
    Anheuser-Busch Companies - Support
    Saint Cloud
    Florida

My family and friends will no longer buy from or support your company bc of your support of the #NFLAntiAmerica

• Ty
    Anheuser-Busch Companies - NFL
    Washington
    Utah

I will not be purchasing anymore of your products while you sponsor the NFL. These players are disrespectful and I refuse to patrionize any business that sponsors them

Budweiser - Advertising
    Escondido
    California

I will no longer buy anything from Budweiser until they stop advertising with the NFL. If you choose to work with players who hate our flag and hate our armed forces, then I will no longer support Bud.

• Bl
    Anheuser-Busch Companies - Continued support of the NFL

If you continue to support the NFL I will no longer purchase your beer. Man up and pull the plug.

Budweiser - NFL Sponsorship
    budweiser.com

You do realize that Patriotic football fans are now beginning to boycott all NFL sponsors, including you, over this kneeling down during the National Anthem thing that is going on? These players are costing you money.

Sep 10, 2018
    Anheuser-Busch Companies - Sponsorship of for disrespect of National Anthem and United States Flag
    Saint Louis, MissouriSt. Louis
    anheuser-busch.com

Your continued support and sponsorship of the anti-American movement against the National Anthem and the United States Flag means that I can not buy any of your products or watch programs sponsored by your company.

• Ur
    Budweiser - Products in cases
    Canada

Dear Bud. I would like to know why you don't put free products in your beer cases geared for women. I enjoy a few Buds after a long day as well as any man. This is not a complaint just a question. Fair is fair as women buy your product also. Waiting for your response. Me and the girls

• Ri
    Budweiser - ADS With The NFL
    Sanger
    Texas

Why are you guys still supporting anti American football with all the disrespecting the flag, soldiers and country. I will not be buying or serving your products while you continue to fund the NFL and their support of kneeling.

Good Day

Rick Gore

• Vb
    Anheuser-Busch Companies - Bud with the Lime flavoring
    Virginia Beach
    Virginia

I will not purchase another drop of your Bud because of YOUR COMPANYS STANCE towards the very COUNTRY you financially survive off of. Livid barely expresses my hearts disappointment in your backing the NFL ! Not one more penny spent on your product & not one more drop of your product consumed! It is forbidden in my house or at my parties & event!

• Pr
    Budweiser - Advertisments
    Holyoke
    Massachusetts

I am in favor of Budweiser to Pull Advertising from the NFL Over National Anthem Protests?

• Se
    Budweiser - Sponsorship of NFL
    Meeker
    Colorado

Going to switch to Coors. Good luck in decreasing your sales at NFL games and in American patriot homes.

• Mi
    Anheuser-Busch Companies - NFL Kneelers

The Springfield Beer Club has passed a resolution to no longer allow any of your products at our events while you continue to advertise with the disrespectful NFL Kneelers.

Signed,
    Springfield Beer Club Board

• Mo
    Budweiser - Bud light
    Pittsburgh
    Pennsylvania

Hello,
    On Friday, October 13, 2017 no pun intended, we were served 2 "skunked"beers at Gibbies on High Street Morgantown, WV. I am a bud light consumer for 34 years ( Yes I could consume at 18) and this is below BUDWEISER standards. I wanted quality control to know.

Martha Freese
    724-594-4271

• To
    Budweiser - NFL Sponsorship

Due to the NFL encouraging its players to disgrace our country by allowing the expansion of politicizing the game by kneeling for the National Anthem I fully expect Budweiser to no longer pay the NFL to advertise. I will discontinue to purchase your products until this is resolved.

V/R,

Tom A

• Ve
    Anheuser-Busch Companies - support of the NFL

You should be ashamed of yourselves. You're a Belgian company. A country US troops died to liberate. Go and see the US flags on the graves in Normandy and then tell me you have the right to support an organized that disrespects that same flag