Brach'sstale and smelly candies

I recently went to the shop of Brachs Candy Company. I bought two packs of candies from them, but when I opened mine, I felt strange and unpleasant smell. I threw it out, but the second pack I gave to my friend. She told me that the same stale smell was in her pack and she told that the taste was also very strange. Be careful if you buy their candies and post comments about your experience.

• S. Carr (Unhappy Customer)'s Response, May 31, 2017

I still haven't heard anything from the company to resolve this matter. I always thought that the company's goal is to please the customer.

• Cenith's Response, Aug 15, 2017

8/13/17
    I bought the small bag and when I opened it, I have never had something be so stale..
    I was so disappointed, I normal would not complain but, this has happened several times now. I did check the expiration date it was 1/17/2018.

• LaWanda Stevens's Response, Aug 23, 2017

They were on sale 2 for 4 dollars I would like to be compensated for the stale product

stale and smelly candies
  • FLgator's Response, Aug 31, 2017

this looks like a scam!!!

• Sherrie68's Response, Sep 26, 2017

I purchased a bag of sugar free lemon hard candy from Walgreens, Jonesboro, AR, which by the way is to expensive, I wished Wal-Mart carried it. On 9-26-17 open one up and noticed it had a nylon string coming through the middle of it sticking out on both ends. What a choking hazard.

• Mae Winkle's Response, Feb 11, 2018

Same complaint would just like a refund for the candy that was inedible

• Mae Winkle's Response, Feb 11, 2018

Same complaint, just send me my refund

• Mae Winkle's Response, Feb 26, 2018

As I said before I purchased two bags of maple nut goodies from Walgreens drug store and they were so hard that I could not Ieat them. I thought I was going to break my dentures It is really a shame because these have always been a favorite of mine.Did you change your formula for making them? I think I deserve a refund at the very least. My name is Harry Thomas and my address is 7601W.Cornbread Rd. Yorktown, In 47396.

• Jimmydfrench's Response, Mar 27, 2018

Hard as a marble almost broke my dentures gave one to a friend they spit it out

• lalvarez's Response, Jul 18, 2018

I purchased a second bag of the same candies and it was exactly the same! What in the world is going on??

• Susan 'Richardson' Miles's Response, Jul 22, 2018

Your ability to submit on this web page is just as bad as your candy

• Annieisms's Response, Oct 18, 2018

Hello, the product was very stale. Will you replace as stated in " Freshness Guarantee"? I am leaving my e- mail...please contact me: [protected]@gmail.com. Thank You. It appears that you require more info, however you neglect to state what that is. Please help me understand what is missing. Thanks.

• Annieisms's Response, Oct 18, 2018

What more info? Be specific.

• Arroll's Response, Apr 24, 2019

Your candy sucks.

• your crazy's Response, Jul 08, 2019

Why do you Make it so hard to submit a complaint???

Fu
Sep 14, 2014

Comments

• Ro
      Dec 11, 2013

I buy a lot of Brachs candy including chocolate covered peanuts, clusters and spice drops. Recently I purchased a bag of chocolate caramel peanut cluster which were very stale and tasteless. I hope you honor your guarantee and refund the purchase price of $2.95 and any other coupons that may be available.

Robert Otto

• Mk
      Sep 15, 2014

Brachs is a major company... Why didn't you just contact them when it happened? They would have asked for information off the packages and refunded or replaced the product.

Nov 24, 2014

Purchased Brach's Trail Mix Clusters yesterday, lot 4G27BB15800 and the chocolate is moldy and white and the candy is stale. Last purchase I will make, Brach's isn't what it used to be...a true shame. The comment above about contacting them is a joke too. When you type in the website, everything else comes up, but the true website. Not worth the hassle of trying to track down a national candy company. Not to mention, they should just make quality candy, as long as they have been in business, period !!!

• Ra
      Jun 30, 2017

@Anna Leigh When the chocolate is white like you describe it has been exposed to heat. Most likely when it was shipped to the store or in the stores stockroom.

• Mk
      Nov 27, 2014

What???
    No search needed

• Re
      Aug 18, 2015

I bought one bag of the candies from the store Brachs Candies, but these candies were stale. I came home and opened the bag, but the smell was strange and when I tasted one candy, I understood that they were old and stale. I checked the expiry date, but it would be only in October. It was strange, so I emailed the company. But they haven’t commented the situation. I don’t advise you to buy their candies.

• Je
      Mar 21, 2016

I as eating a hand full of the double dipper chocolate covered peanuts and about broke my tooth on a chocolate covered stick. I guess it was part of what the peanut grows on. I am not one that likes to complain I just wanted to make you aware of its happening.

• Li
      Dec 03, 2016

bought a bag of Maple nut goodies and they are stale and hard don't think I will be buying any more for a while altho I have bought them in the past and they were fine I think I should have a replacement bag or a refund. Thanks Bill VanHoose

• Ca
      Dec 15, 2016

I bought a bag of Maple Nut Goodies recently. One of my favorites. There is something wrong with them. The centers are real hard. The freshness date is 06/10/ 2017. Never had product like this before. What's happened/

Dec 24, 2016

I just purchased a bag of Maple Nut Goodies (which are my favorites) (6J20BB183) with an expiration date of 07/20/2017. They are hard as bricks! This is my second purchase within the last month, in which the candy smelled and the "goodies" were hard. According the the package, "Brach's stands behind the quality of our products. We guarantee your satisfaction or we will replace this product. Please contact us at www.brachs.com". I contacted the website, however there is not a place to express being dissatisfied with their product.

Dec 24, 2016

@MayoandAdrienne I was able to file a complaint with Ferrara Candy Company (they manufacture Brach's) at http://www.brachs.com/ Scroll to the bottom of the Brach's advertisements and in small print can be found "complaints".

• Re
      Jun 04, 2017

My Maple nut goodies are not good. The crunchy toffee she'll is mushy and taste bad and the center is way too hard. So I take it by all these complaints my favorite candy is now a ruined classic. If you fired the candy expert or hired a new one, boy, you need to rehire the old one.

• Ju
      Mar 30, 2018

We have purchased Maple nut goodies for years. In the past 2 years, they have been stale and last month were hard as rocks. We returned the last 2 bags for a refund. What is the problem? Tried calling customer service but no answer. We feel certain they will not return our phone call even though we left our home phone number. WE are through with Brachs at this time.

• Ve
    West Memphis
    Arkansas

These are so hard now that my mother-in-law broke a tooth...I can't believe these are like chewing rocks. I had to throw it away. I'm so disgusted and now a trip to the dentist for my mother-in-law.

• Gw
    Brach's - Brachs Maple Nut Goodies
    Rochester
    Indiana

My wife stopped at "Good to Go" Convenience store and purchased 2 bags of the Maple Nut Goodies which is one of our favorite candies and we could not eat them because they were as hard as rocks and we are very disappointed in our purchase

SPRING LAKE
    Michigan

Package says Best By 10/06/2018 but these were not fresh. It was like biting into a jaw breaker...very hard 😕

Purchased at Leppinks in Ferrysburg Michigan

I will not purchase Brachs candies again because I've had this problem before.

• La
    Brach's - Party Time Mix Assorted Hard Candies

I purchased a bag of your Party Time Mix Assorted Hard Candy.
    Everyone in our office enjoys a different flavor.
    To our surprise this bag was missing some of the flavors.
    I did not have any of the following flavors:
    Sour Lemon, Sour Orange or Sour Cherry.
    Some of the staff in out office, needless to say were unhappy.

Brach's - Maple Nut Goodies

As others have complained, you've ruined this candy. No maple flavor except slight in the gooey coating that's on the hard candy inside. Used to be the candy shell on the outside that really tasted like maple. Guess you cut back, too, on the nuts inside, as it has no taste. Please return to the old recipe.

• De
    Brach's - Brachs Maple Nut Goodies
    Decatur
    Alabama

I love this candy but it all the time but this bag I bought recently wasn't good the candy was hard as a rock very 😞 disappointed I buy this candy all the time this is the first time I have had a complaint the candy is so hard it normally is really good thanks Debbie Mabon

• Sw

304 Faye Ct.
    Richmond, KY 40475

Date of purchase: June 6, 2018
    store: WalMart
    complaint Details: the Maple Nut Goodies were stale and extremely hard and had a white color film on the outside of them.
    desirable resolution: request a refund or coupon
    number on bag: 8A13AA112
    BB10132018
    Paid $2.98 at Walmart

• Pu
      Aug 15, 2018
    Brach's - I bought a bag of your party mix and many pieces were unwaped that is not like your company I really unjoy your candyI hope this can get fixed
    Cuyahoga Falls
    Ohio

My address is1880 Seattle Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44221 United States

Aug 15, 2018
    Brach's - sour jelly bird eggs
    Wixom
    Michigan

I am disappointed that you never made the sour jelly bird eggs again. I took these to my Bingo people and they loved them. I am sure a lot of other people did too. Are you ever going to make them again ?

Sandra A. Evans
    [protected]@hotmail.com

• Ka
    Brach's Candy - Maple nut goodies candy
    Maplewood
    Minnesota

Bought 2 bags of Brach;s maple nut goodies, 20 oz, at Menards in Oakdale MN, expiration date 10/19/20. The candies are so hard, even after sucking on then for over 5 minutes. Had to throw both bags away. Paid $3.99 for each bag. Please send me a refund or free coupons. I love the candy but we both couldnt chew it, felt like teeth might break. TY

• De
      Aug 16, 2018
    Brachs - Brachs Maple Nut Goodies
    Michigan Center
    Michigan

Bought today a 7 oz of that Brachs maple nut goodies and they where as hard as a brick. I about broke my teeth. Gaurentee freshness so please send new and fresh. Thank you

Brach's - Maple Nut Goodies candy
    Ankeny
    Iowa
    brachs.com

I just purchased a 4 oz bag of Maple Nut Goodies from a Dollar General store in Ankeny, Iowa. Believe me, I know what the candy tastes like. The candy in this bag was so hard I could hardly bite into it. It's like it was stale. But the date code reads: 10/26/2018. The company has a guarantee of satisfaction that I would like to take advantage of.

Brach's - Maple Nut Goodies

What has happened to the Maple Nut Goodies?? They have been my favorite since I was a kid. They used to be chewy and taste like maple. Now they are so hard and tasteless. Why would you ruin a good thing?????

• Ca
    Brach's - Recipe has not been the same... poor quality
    Saint Petersburg
    Florida

I have always been of branch's lemon drops. I bought 4 bags of lemon drops at Walgreens and all the bags had no flavor whatsoever. I saved 2 bags so I could report the number on the bags. They are: 8A23VR1043. The same number on all bags. The other number on the bags is [protected]. Walgreens asked me to notify the company.

• Hi
    Brach's - Suffer free fruit slices
    MILLBURY
    Massachusetts
    [protected]@yahoo.com

They were all Orange . Not what I was expecting.

• Ke
    Brach's - 20 ounce package Brach's Maple Nut Goodies
    Headland
    Alabama

I purchased this product from Cracker Barrel
    In Albany Georgia
    The Date code is 7X07B8183 Best By 09/07/2018. They do not taste stale but they are as hard as rocks. My wife loves Maple Nut Goodies but could not eat these. Please replace. Our address is 102 Greenbriar Court
    Headland AL 36360. Her name is Lynn Smith

• Je
    Charlotte
    North Carolina

I grew up with maple nut goodies. Today's are not the same. 3 tries and I'm done. So, so sad. I long for the original.

• Kr
    Brachs - maple goodies
    Clinton
    Arkansas

me and my daughter use to really love these. bought them everytime we went in anywhere. now they are too hard. we loved the softness and chewiness of the other ones. im sorry but we wont be buying these again. why change a good thing? i first thought we just got an expired bag but that was not the case.

• Th
    Murfreesboro
    Tennessee
    brachs.com

When did your company change the recipe? I've bought these three different times now hoping I would get a batch that tasted good. These were my favorite candy. I will never buy your products again. I'm very disappointed. My mom would always buy these when I was a kid at The candy store. You should really consider going back to the original recipe.

• Ji
    Booneville
    Arkansas

Stale flaver and are hard as a marble almost broke a tooth gave one to a friend and they spit out

Brach's - maple nut goodies
    Yorktown
    Indiana

I recently purchased two bags of maple nut goodies from Walgreens in Muncie, In they were so hard I couldn't eat them. Iwas afraid I was going to break my dentures. At the very least I think I deserve a refund. My name is Harry L. Thomas, my address is 7601W.Cornbread Rd.Yorktown, In47396.

Brach's - Maple nuts
    Pinconning, Mi.

Expireion date is 7/5/2018. This package of Maple nuts are so hard you can't even chew them and the outside is soft it's meltes in your hand.

• Mi
    Brach's Candy - Peanut Clusters
    Olympia Fields
    Illinois

Your candy is always stale...this is the fourth week in a row I purchased the peanut Clusters but they were white and chalky instead of fresh milky chocolate ...The bags are smaller and the prices higher...the least you can do is ensure fresh product!

• Ka
    Sumter
    South Carolina

I purchased two bags at the dollar general in Sumter, South Carolina. I have always loved this candy but they were so hard you could not even buy them! It was a waste of money. I know that these are suppose to be chewy but they aren't not suppose me to as hard as a rock! Please fix this issue immediately!!! I want my favorite candy back.

Barnwell
    South Carolina

Please bring back the original maple nut goodies. The new ones taste stale and are too hard. Why in the world would you change a good thing? Please update the world when these are back to the original, because I will not buy anymore of these new ones.

Thanks,
    Susan

• Da
    Brach's - Maple Nut Goodies

05/08/2018 Requesting a refund for the nut goodies. UPC # [protected] 7 Batch number 7J09BB182 Best Buy 07/09/2018. All the candies were hard as rocks??? If they changed the formulation, then forget this complaint.

David J. Paulson
    13 Conner Circle S.W.
    Rochester, Mn. 55902
    [protected] or [protected]

• Ke
    Brach's - Classic jelly bird eggs

product #7K06VR1144. My husband will only eat Brachs jelly beans. Bought two bags at Dollar Store. He said over half the bag was all black and white jelly beans. He was disappointed.

• Ju
      Aug 21, 2018
    Brachs - Maple nut goodies candy
    Melbourne
    Florida

I purchased a bag of maple nut goodies from the dollar tree store in North Melbourne Florida on April 24 2018 when I ate a couple I noticed it wasn't tasting as fresh as usual so I looked at the package date and see that the best by date was July 3rd 2017

• Di
      Aug 21, 2018
    Brach's - Classic jelly bird eggs
    henrico

I grew up on brach's candy I purchased a bag of classic jelly beans all these jelly beans taste the same except you know where you have a black one in your mouth they used to taste lemony R&G red now that I have sugar in my mouth