Big Fish Games$2.99 "deals" lead to $9.99 charges/other codes don't work

Greetings:

I will start by saying I love Big Fish games but not their ethics.

I came back to Big Fish a couple of weeks ago after several years after seeing a $2.99 game add for new users. I considered myself a new user. Signed up only to discover "Sorry. That's only for" other folks. Well, I accepted that, paid (and, per a check of my PayPal deductions page) was charged the $6.99 fee and moved forward.

About a week ago, I tried to use a few codes I saw on the site and on Retailmenot. They didn't work, either. Moved forward.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Seattle, WANow, just this morning, I saw the attached main page Daily Deal Ad for the Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 4 game for $2.99 as well as the attached link-to-page ad, which shows the same thing.
Yet, when I click "Buy Game" it takes me to a checkout page where the game is listed as $9.99. (See last of three attachments image).
With all due respect, this is pretty disconcerting. Even if there is some explanation for this, I'm pretty sure plenty of folks are being duped into pay $9.99 either accidentally or out of frustration over having to spend more time on something.
Sincerely,
Southgirl63 Big Fish Member not receiving Big Fish "deals"

So