Bidz.com / Fraud and cheating

United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-444-8124
I have been very sick and my husband bought me a ring from Bidz, hoping it would make me smile. Well it did, but when I got to where I could get out and wear the ring, I got very upset. The second time I wore the ring, a diamond fell out of it and of course I have no idea where. I have been in contact with Bidz by email about my ring and of course I have not heard one word from them. It was a couple of months before I was well enough to go out to wear the ring so I know they could care less about that. They have their money and I have a ring that is no good to me at all so they are very happy. My husband is upset for spending that amount of money and I can not even wear it. You know the ring was value no where near the amount they said it was worth but is was worth the money he paid for it. He had it appraised before he gave it to me. It was appraised about 3, 500.00 less than Bidz appraised it. To me that didn't matter, I loved the ring and I loved the that my husband was trying to do something good for me ( he always does), but at that time, he and our children were afraid I was not going to make it. He actually won the bit on 1-1-08. I do not understand how companies can cheat people out of their hard heard money. The ring was paid thru PayPal and I can not even get a response out of them. I do wish someone would do something about this company.

A  29th of Mar, 2009 by
I was completely scammed out of any merchandise at all!!! BIDZ.COM and the seller are one and the same person, amazingly enough and I was told I had to send the money TWICE because it did not register in their system the first time. I refused and was told that I would neither receive a refund or the merchandise if I did not comply with their demand of sending it again. It's a complete and total scam outfit & I am demanding action be taken by the attorney general - there are way too many complaints out there for nothing to be done.
A  21st of Apr, 2009 by
They spam craigslist using redirectors such as finejewelrybids.com, jewelrybidsite.com, ult5.com.
D  30th of Aug, 2009 by
I absolutely love Live Jewelry Auctions !! You have to watch what you bid on, but for the most part it's Great Quality - Italian imported and often name-brand! I entered Live Jewelry Auctions through www.isaybid.com and it brought me right to quick registration on the network! I Love them! 5 star diamonds!
-Sheila Northram
A  14th of Nov, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
This is in response to Alexa. I was touched by your post. I'm so sorry to hear that after all you had been through with your illness you and your husband had such a negative experience. I have ordered from Bidz.com before and most of the time dissappointed. They are currently under investigation for Fraud, shill bidding, and tax evasion. I hope they all end up in jail. Out of all of this I hope you take some comfort in your husbands beautiful gesture - he sounds like the real gem!
Sara from Toronto Canada.
N  15th of Dec, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Thing is, complaints here are valuable in informing people about the unscrupulous dealings of Bidz.com but best thing we can all do, is start making complaints to the relevant authorities and by flooding the directors of bidz email boxes.

Complaints can be made to...

The Los Angeles Police Department. contact@lapdonline.org
The FBI, IC3. https://complaint.ic3.gov/ctf.aspx
Federal Trade Commission. http://www.ftc.gov/
Better Business Bureau. http://www.bbb.org/us/
Securities and Exchange Commission. http://www.sec.gov/
US Department of Commerce. http://www.commerce.gov
And anyone else you might think of. I have!

Bidz directors email addresses are...

CEO / David Zinberg. david@bidz.com
President / CTO / Leon Kuperman. lkuperman@bidz.com
CFO / Lawrence Kong. lawrence@bidz.com
COO / Claudia Liu. claudia@bidz.com
CCO / Larry Russell. larry@bidz.com
Vice President / Executive Secretary / Marina Zinberg. marina@bidz.com
Auctions Manager / Vilius Zukauskas. vilius@bidz.com
Don't bother with customer services, there's a contradiction in terms. Go directly to the top people and flood their email boxes.

Don't forget, when approaching the authorities, where you can, provide any evidence you have. Emails, photographs, copies of bidz web site pages, anything that might be relevant. Join me in a campaign to bring these fraudsters down, it is time we did.

And I hope you all have a very merry Christmas.
N  9th of Feb, 2010 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
My experience was quite good, and I have purchased 5 items, and all of them were lovely and none have broken.

Although it's kind of obvious that they appraise items higher than they might be, I still liked the jewelry I purchased, and the gifts purchased for my mum were very much liked (and my mum continues to like and wear them).
N  21st of Jun, 2011 by
Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time in providing feedback regarding your purchases and your experience at Bidz.com. We assure you that we treat all customer feedback and suggestions seriously. You may always contact us directly for any assistance by phone, email or bold chat. We have revised and updated our policies to improve and provide 100% satisfaction to our customers. We stand by our merchandise 100%. In case you receive a defective item or an item not as described, you may return for a full refund (within the 30 day time frame period). We are sorry that it took some trial or error and that you feel you were mistreated. Fortunately by submitting this comment, you have helped us make a change for the better. We sincerely thank you for your input and would like to hear from you regarding this post or any other concerns at improvements@bidz.com. We hope you will take the time to visit our site again to allow us to provide you with excellent service.

Bidz.com Logo Bidz.com