Bel Air Veterinary Hospital / Uncompassionate and unemotional doctor

1 1501 S Tollgate Rd Bel Air, MD 21015Bel Air, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: (410) 838-4900

i took my cat in to be treated on a Saturday. we had to make the decision to put him down because of recurrent battles with urinary tract and bladder blockages. the decision was a hard one since our cat was a huge part of every second we were home with him. the doctor never asked if i wanted to stay with my cat while he was put to sleep, he didn't tell me anything about the procedure or what my options were such as having him put to sleep with me there or at our home, and he didn't give us options about what to do with our cat once he was put to sleep. the vet was unemotional and un-compassionate to the situation and didn't make me feel that me cat or i was worth his time. because of the vet i was not able to even say goodbye to my cat before the vet tech was ordered to take him away. if i were you i would seriously consider another vet in the area that is more compassionate and caring towards their animals and the animals companions!!

Me

More Bel Air Veterinary Hospital Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Sc
      19th of May, 2009

They've killed 2 of my pets there and we're never taking any of our other ones there

• Ba
      23rd of Jun, 2009

"Meagan" is not the real name and was not present - her daughter was. And the Vet did discuss options including for the pet's cremation or disposition because the pet crematory is located on the premises. The end of a pet's life is very sad and we are sure this person was upset as well. We try to provide excellent care throughout their pet's life - and do not even charge for euthanasia when that time comes.