Beautifulpeople.com / I don't really get this website

United States Review updated:

I have always been somewhat of a head turner in my university. When I walk in a room, both guys and girls stare, point and whisper (at the expense of my comfort). Yet when I uploaded one of my photos as an experiment, I got voted out within a minute with a lot of "absolutely not"s.

I don't really get this website. I browsed through a few profile with extremely average looking people. Does beautifulpeople.com have some kinda of out-of-this-world standards or something?

Bl

Comments

• Xe
      25th of Apr, 2012

I don't really know, I was curious about it so I made a profile and uploaded a pic and they voted me in and I feel like I'm quite average looking. I deleted my profile obviously since it was just an experiment for me, but I saw extremely airbrushed photos of women (to the point of looking like overinflated barbie dolls), average looking girls and some slightly above average looking girls. And the guys? I don't think I saw one guy that was overly handsome, just normal really. I have no clue, I guess it depends on who's voting at what time. Either way, it's quite an odd concept.