Bath Fitter / one piece bath unit
Bath Fitter Winnipeg
349 Johnson Avenue West
Principal Owner: Brian Turcotte
The Bath Fitter consultant came to our seasonal home. Upon the recommendation of an employee at Bath Fitter and due to the warranty not covering 'shifting, ' we discussed this at length with the 'expert.'
After the consultant conferred with another employee, he contacted us and deemed the one-piece bath unit to be suitable for our specific needs.
The wall separated from the tub.
We contacted the company as well as the Better Business Bureau in Winnipeg. We were dissatisfied with the responses from Brian Turcotte. The BBB complaint is 'administratively closed.' The complaint will remain on the Bath Fitter Winnipeg profile until April 2020.
We have contacted Small Claims Court, Consumer Protection Office and CBC News Marketplace.
We relied upon the judgment and advice of the Bath Fitter consultant prior to the installation. Only after receiving confirmation that this unit would be suitable, did we authorize the installation. ( Invoice: # 41323 )
After 7 months, we were made aware that there are 'high volume service calls' ranging from $110.00 to $140.00. This 'omission' of information at the time of our consultant appointment raises questions of the integrity of this Bath Fitter franchise.
Customer service at this location is poor. We trusted this company to not only install a suitable product, but to provide customer service. The consultant should have informed us that this would not be a recommended product for our situation.
Also, note that the 'warranty' was not on an invoice nor a brochure. Only after we posed the question to the sales manager via e-mail, did she jot down the 'warranty, ' in her response. Very unprofessional and irresponsible for a company franchise.
Our resolution had been and remains that in our situation, since we were dependent on the guidance of the Bath Fitter consultant, we should be under the umbrella of the 'lifetime warranty' for repairs ( parts, labour and mileage).
More Bath Fitter Complaints & Reviews
- Bath Fitter - Total scam 
- Bath Fitter - They tried to force me to sign a contract 
- Bath Fitter - Avoid tub liners 
- Bath Fitter - Something to consider BEFORE calling Bath Fitter 
- Bath Fitter - Bath Fitter does horrible installation, uses pressure tactics on seniors, lies about problems and the installer was very poorly trained . 
- Bath Fitter - refused to give an estimate unless spouse was home
- [Resolved] Bath Fitter - refund
- Bath Fitters - shower installation failure
- Bath Fitters - bath fitters and, and flooding house tardy in finishing job. product does not have lifetime guarantee as advertised
- Bath Fitter - Grim business