Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream / in your face tv commercial

I could not believe this commercial, coming from a family orientated company. A mother, screaming into the face of a child at a child's game is totally inappropriate.
What were they thinking????

Comments

• To
      14th of Aug, 2008

Rediculous - Are you kidding me. This is just an over zealous soccer mom with a stick up her butt. This commercial is in no way degrading and very far fetched when it comes to child abuse!!! In my opinion I think children are getting babied a little too much in today's society. Parent can't dicipline a child without thinking twice if the authorities are going to knock on the door!!

Lighten up and laugh a little. I was bummed when the pulled the commercial.

• Am
      15th of Aug, 2008

Get a life, people. Commercials are not meant to be taken seriously. What is wrong with our society when we have to pull commercials just because they offend people? Oh, no! We upset someone! Can't have that! First they pulled the Dunkin' Donuts commercial because Rachel Ray was wearing a scarf that resembled something Muslim. Oh, no! Can't offend the Religious Right! Now this... What next?

That commercial was hilarious. Now it's absolutely stupid, just like nearly every commercial on TV. Humor always offends someone. Maybe that's why every commercial on TV has become ridiculous and dumb. Everyone's afraid to offend someone, so they end up saying nothing at all.

• Rw
      16th of Aug, 2008

Umm, this ad was way out of line and it was NOT funny.

r! whisper

• St
      17th of Aug, 2008

To R! Whisper: Where did you learn your concept of 'humor'?

To Amy Williams: I totally agree with you. Humor ALWAYS offends someone, but it's the overserious grouches who get offended by small, funny things like this commercial.

To Todd: I was bummed, too. It always made me laugh, always lightened up my day.

• Sh
      20th of Aug, 2008

AHH Stephpen, Jb, Robyn, or whatever your name is, YOU are spending too much time DEFENDING those IDIOTS at BR. Perhaps you work for them? Are you the writer?