BargainLand / BargainLand is a scam!

Bargainland advertised a Tektronix curve tracer using a photo that showed an intact picture tube and suggested the item had a value of over $1,200. I won the item and when it arrived there was no picture tube present but a few glass fragments suggest the unit may have been dropped before shipment. When contacted Bargainland at first did not respond but finally responded saying the unit was listed AS IS. But the item was sent to me AS WAS! The Bargainland website claims that items received significantly different that represented will be fully refunded, including shipping costs. Bargainland refused to honor this. Ebay was of no help even though they state they will not tolerate violations of sellers stated policies.

D  6th of Mar, 2007 by
Hi there,

My name is John, and I work for Bargainland, as their customer service manager.

I'm sorry you aren't happy with your purchase, but there are a few things you need to consider.

1) You shouldn't have bought it since we clearly stated the product was broken.

2) You need to look in the mirror and ask yourself if you were born yesterday, cause you sure seem like you were.

3) You must have manure for brains, what were you thinking?

4) Tonight I'm going to take my family out to dinner at Outback Steakhouse because I make a great living thanks to suckers like you buying our crap on Ebay.

5) After dinner we'll go out for ice-cream.

6) After ice-cream I'm gonna come home and take a bath in a bathtub filled with $100 bills.

7) All this made possible by all you sucks out there.

Bargainland is a fair and reputable company. How dare you try to tarnish our sterling reputation.
N  9th of Apr, 2007 by
eBay Inc. loves Bargainland! Who cares if they are not reputable sellers and only sell misrepresented junk, they still make us mucho dollars!

A  10th of Nov, 2007 by
I agree that Bargainland is running a scam. I won a phone from ebay and when it arrived it only powered on for less then half hour. I even went to AT&T and bought a new charger but did not help, and then had to return it for a refund that took over 10 days to get a check back because I used my debit card (another problem that needs to be fixed.). After getting a RMA number from Bargainland and mailing the phone back it took over ten days and many tickets filled out, then a dispute through paypal to get my money back on my paypal account, but they still owe me for the shipping and insurance to return it that their policy says they will return. Will never buy from them again, and would suggest to anyone that you expect it to be broken when you get it.
D  23rd of Feb, 2009 by
I buy tens of thousands of dollars from Bargainland every year. Sometimes the item work and sometimes they don't. They are a liquidation company. They take items that are returned by customers for one reason or another and offer them for sale at a .99 cent starting price. Unless the item is listed as brand new 5 star item you are gambling on weather the item works or not.

Every auction clearly state:

"Bargainland sells an endless variety of merchandise at the lowest prices anywhere. Bargainland sells wholesale merchandise to large volume resellers and our auctions are not intended for retail customers. Buyers must remember that a wholesale liquidation center is vastly different than a retail facility. Our merchandise normally comes from many unique and diverse sources such as lost freight, manufacturer over runs, discontinued models, corporate bankruptcy, open box, customer returns, or scratch and dent. Often these items are in perfect or even in new condition but some items may have issues. Because of the diverse nature of our product we often know very little about the items we sell. It is equally difficult for us to know for certain if the merchandise is complete (with all its accessories) or if every option functions perfectly. Bargainland is unable to spend time testing and checking each item beyond a casual observation of the physical condition and, in some cases, whether or not the unit powers on (if it is electrical). Despite any and all observations by our employees, your product may not be what you expected or it may have issues beyond what was observed. Please carefully consider this information and bid accordingly. Liquidation merchandise may not be appropriate for everyone. There is always a potential for uncertainty with the items being auctioned. The winning bidder agrees that this is an 'as is' auction and therefore no warranty is intended or implied."

The item you ordered also had this statement:

"Because of the nature of this item (or the quantity we have in stock) we have made the decision not to individually test each item. This decision was probably made because of either time, complexity or individual cost issues. An example of this may be 500 internal used modems, which may only sell for a few dollars each, but would require great effort to verify they are working flawlessly. The product in this auction can range to new and perfect condition to D.O.A. (non working). Please bid accordingly."

If you wanted a new Tektronix curve tracer you should have purchased a new one. The fact that you paid .99 cents should tell you that you were getting a non working piece of junk. You got what you ordered so quit whining.

If you don't understand what a liquidation auction is you shouldn't have bid. Bargainland did nothing wrong. The fact they offer refunds at all proves they are not scammers.

Rich Morris
Linksrus Global Concepts
N  12th of Mar, 2009 by
Bargainland is gratest Scam I have seen. I am a vendor. They took a few hundred thousands of my inventory for liquidation, and after a year of not geting paid a penny, they filed a chapter 11 bankruptcy.

Total fraud. Of course it is a bargain for them but not for vendors trusting them with goods.
A  17th of Sep, 2009 by

I bought a supposed new digital camera from them (9/9/09) and it was completely broken! The screen was cracked rendering it useless. They claim it was fine when they shipped it and since the FedEx box wasn't damaged, they wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

So basically, they sold me a broken camera and they charged me $300. I just filed a complaint with my Credit Card Company and will hopefully get my money back. Currently, I am down $300 and have no working camera. I bought the camera for my wife for her birthday also, so now I must wait on the gift until this issues gets resolved.

This company in my opinion deserves to be put in jail. I must now wait about 1 month for the fraud claim to go through my Credit Card company to see if I will get my $$ back.

Buyers Beware - Bargainland is a fraudulent (SCAM) company. Be smart and do your research on the company prior to giving them your money!