Bank Of America / overcharge!

1 Tampa, FL, United States Review updated:

The thieves at Bank of America are good at it. I had signed up for email alerts from BOA, that way I can keep track of when and how my money is leaving the account. But it does not seem to matter. Last week while watching my account balance go down as 7 sequential transactions occurred, I watched until a large check posted sooner than expected and drew the account below zero.

However, the thieves at BOA actually stacked the large check first and then subsequently loaded each smaller debit in order of value. Although the large check was last debt posted and deserved an overdraft, the stacking that BOA performed, by reversing the time sequence order drew the account below zero and then subsequently charged $35 for each of the 8 smaller transactions. This cost me $210 in fees. EVEN THOUGH THE EMAILS SHOWED THE BALANCE IN SEQUENCE and the balance did not go below zero until the last check posted. Bank Mangers in St. Petersburg FL stated that was Bank policy.

When they are the largest bank in the world they get to steal from everybody and no one stops them. Even if everyone filed a class action suit, why would they stop...

Va

Comments

• Ti
      27th of Mar, 2008

This bank was developed by the devil himself. It is the worst bank I've ever dealt with and it's extremely difficult to work with. They completely lack in customer service. I am closing the account as fast as I can. When dealing with this bank RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!