Bank Of America / overcharge!
The thieves at Bank of America are good at it. I had signed up for email alerts from BOA, that way I can keep track of when and how my money is leaving the account. But it does not seem to matter. Last week while watching my account balance go down as 7 sequential transactions occurred, I watched until a large check posted sooner than expected and drew the account below zero.
However, the thieves at BOA actually stacked the large check first and then subsequently loaded each smaller debit in order of value. Although the large check was last debt posted and deserved an overdraft, the stacking that BOA performed, by reversing the time sequence order drew the account below zero and then subsequently charged $35 for each of the 8 smaller transactions. This cost me $210 in fees. EVEN THOUGH THE EMAILS SHOWED THE BALANCE IN SEQUENCE and the balance did not go below zero until the last check posted. Bank Mangers in St. Petersburg FL stated that was Bank policy.
When they are the largest bank in the world they get to steal from everybody and no one stops them. Even if everyone filed a class action suit, why would they stop...
More Bank Of America Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service 
- Bank Of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account 
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers 
- Bank Of America - property claims 
- Bank Of America - claims department 
- Bank Of America Corporation - base earned reward points
- Bank Of America Corporation - rewards card
- Bank Of America Corporation - customer service
- Bank Of America Corporation - edd bank of america webiste
- Bank Of America Corporation - checking account closed without reason and balance cheque not sent back within 10 business days