Banfield Pet Hospital / rip off company
My dog Clancy has dry eye syndrome, or keraconjunctivitis sicca. To make a long story short, he had an appointment 8/19/09 and the vet who had been treating him wasn't there (she said she would be, which was why I scheduled it for that time), so another one saw him, and recommended an ointment to complement the one being used which, by her own admission, was working great.
When I went to check out, I asked the price of this ointment, which was packaged as a prescription in a Blistex size tube. I was told $26, so I asked to see it. Turns out it was 15% mineral oil and 85% petrolatum, which you know as Vaseline. No inert ingredients, nothing. When I voiced my displeasure to the clerk, she replied, correctly so, that she doesn't set the prices. So I asked to see the vet again, the clerk checked, and I was told she was busy. So of course I tossed the box on the counter, told her that the price was "unethical, " and checked out.
So watch out for these kinds of ripoffs. This tube was about .25 oz, making their price $104/oz. I figure that this is about a 10, 000% profit margin.
More Banfield Pet Hospital Complaints & Reviews
- Banfield Wellness Plans - can't cancel 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - ruin my perfect credit history! 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - my dog's dental cleaning 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - wellness plan rip off! 
- Banfield Animal Hospital - $250 minimum visit charge if you use care credit financing 
- Banfield The Pet Hospital - customer service 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - care
- Banfield Pet Hospital - wellness care plan is a scam 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - veternary abuse, company cover-up 
- Banfield - unquakified per care