Bally Total Fitness / Wrong Billings and Wrong Info on my A/C

1 32nd Street in ManhattanNew York, NY, United States

Bally Total Fitness used to be a good brand name to me. I was one of their members when I was in junior college, and joined them again about two years ago. I signed up in the 6th Ave location, and they switched me to the 32nd street after they closed down the one on 6th Ave. I was taking a small break in January, because I knew I was going out of town, and didn't have time to go to their fitness center in New York. I called them at the end of December, and their rep told me I could continue my membership after I came back. I went to the 32nd street location again in February, and paid my monthly fee as always. In the middle of February they told me I owned them money, and I had no idea what was going on. They told me I didn't pay for January, and I told them I already did. They said the fee I paid was for January, and not for February. They said I have to pay the freeze fee if I wanted to take a break. I was trying to talk to the managers, and they were very bad attitudes. I called their phone reps again, after a long conversation, I thought the issue was resolved. I asked him for a case number, and he gave me one. But, it didn't look like the issue was solved, and I saw there was some information about me on their computer system screen, it said I went out of country... (But they wouldn't let me to read the rest of it), I told the staffs on 32nd street, I just went out of town, and not out of country. I went to a different Bally location afterward because I felt the staff attitudes on 32nd street were totally unacceptable. But after a while, their staffs on the other location were telling me I have to pay for February. I explained my situation to them again. But, they tried to force me to pay... I tried to talk to the phone rep, but it took me to the automated system. I wrote them an email with my case number, but there was no help. Lately, they sent me a bill, and said I own them 2 months membership fee. I tried to call the number on the bill and the other Bally Total Fitness numbers, but couldn't talk to a live operator. I wrote another email to them and hoping they will get back to me soon. I feel sorry for Bally Total Fitness, because they hired the wrong people! I am not surprising to see many of their locations are closed after my bad experiences.

Pr