Bacardi $45 Holiday Rebate / No Rebate Sent

I thought that perhaps you might have some insight on what to do about a rebate that we never received from Bacardi from last Decembers' $45 Holiday Rebate Offer. Starting in March we contacted Bacardi about not receiving the rebate. We were repeatedly told that there was great demand for this offer and to not worry, we will receive our check. We called repeatedly in the weeks after and were told that they couldn't understand why we didn't receive the check. Finally we were informed in July that the company they use to issue the rebate said that they never received our rebate information and that it was too late to submit anything to receive our rebate. The Bacardi representative told us that there was nothing they could do. We were infuriated that it took so long for the rebate company to inform us that they never received our information. At the time we mailed off the rebate information we kept photocopies of everything: the rebate form, the receipt, when we sent it, and for how much. I asked the Bacardi rep why it took so long for the rebate company to respond and what the point of keeping photocopies is if a person has no recourse for re-submitting the information. He didn't have much of a response to that except that he was sorry that things went this way. We are very disappointed in how this whole thing went and we want further action taken to prevent this from happening to other people. It leaves a bad taste in our mouth for doing any future business with Bacardi.

Kk

Comments

• Al
      11th of Apr, 2011

I sent them the rebate form and bill... but did not photocopy it. I never received the rebate either, but have no proof to show them Very Sad

• Ca
      13th of Mar, 2014

I also sent in a rebate form and receipt to receive 30.00 back after spending $90.00 dollars or more. I have not received anything back and I guess I will stop looking for it. If this is the way the Bacardi company does business with false ads and info I guess its time to change to a company that stays true to what they offer.

• Kc
      20th of Mar, 2014

I sent my materials in December for the Holiday Rebate (and did photocopy, as I always do). I got a letter in Jan 2014 telling me the products were not eligible for the offer and requested that I send the materials again to Grand Rapids but to a different PO box. I did as they asked, with an attached letter asking why THEY did not just forward to the new PO box instead of sending this back to me. I knew right then it was a death spiral. Now, 3 months later, I get the same letter back with yet another PO Box. Not quite sure what business model they are using for success, but they are paying someone to stuff envelopes and paying postage to perpetuate this fraud.

• Gl
      15th of Dec, 2014

My experience was similar. The rebate amount may have been around $30 though. Although I thoroughly researched that I had chosen the proper products, they tried to say I didn't. I got 3 bottles of 151 Bacardi Rum and one bottle of a 12 year scotch on the list. They finally agreed with me and I did get the check. My remedy was that I kept the unopened 4 bottles with receipt until the rebate arrived allowing me to return them if necessary. I think I told them this.

20th of Sep, 2016

In early june i bought 6 bottles of bacardi rum with a rebate of 30.00 for 3 bottles my nabor got the other 3 bottles, we both sent in for the rebate, but haven't recived anything from you yet could shead any light on this problem? chuckldewitt@aol.Com 1429whittier dr. Neenah wi 54956

• Bo
      19th of Oct, 2016

Arrowhead Promotion & Fulfillment Company, Inc. that offers Bacardi rebates appears to be a scam. I sent in my rebate for Summer PORTFOLIO up to $20 MIR. After numerous inquires about the delayed rebate, I was finally informed that conveniently the submission did not contain a receipt. The supervisor was completely unprofessional. Numerous calls to different entities confirmed the indifference that allows such scams. DO NOT buy Bacardi products if rebating scamming is a concern. I appeal to the District Attorney to investigate fraudulent business practices by Arrowhead Promotion & Fulfillment Company, Inc. These scams work on customer reluctance to complete, follow up and pursue rebates.

My complete post is allegations and option.