Babies R Us / Terrible customer service

United States Review updated:

I purchased a toy chest for my 11 month old niece for Christmas. When we began assembling the toy chest we found that the hardware that was included was for a different toy chest. It has been a month now and my niece still does not have her toy chest. While everyone including the department manager is sorry, no one can tell us when the hardware or a replacement toy chest will arrive. The first sales consultant didn't order the parts as indicated - - we were told this was unfortunate. Then we were told it should arrive any day (this was 2 weeks ago), but (again unfortunate) they can't truly track the delivery status. UPDATE: As of 1/18/09 we are now being asked to return the toy chest - - not sure when parts or new toy chest will arrive. In the meantime, I have 4 baby showers in January & February and will definitely never spend another penney at these stores. So in addition to the $85 return on the toy chest - - Babies R Us lost an additional $400-$500 in sales just in the first 2 months of this year alone. This all could have been avoided by offering some level of good customer sevice. Apparently the economic times have not impacted the level of courtesy or customer service from Babies R Us employees. My rating is please improve - - because "too late" is not an option.

He

Comments

• Di
      29th of Apr, 2012

I was in the Babies R Us location in Clearwater, Fl (#6456) at 12:35 on April 29. While checking out, instead of making friendly conversation, the cashier was complaining about her scanner not working. When she asked for my rewards card, I informed her that I didn't have it with me but asked her to look it up. She proceeded to look up my name, phone number and email and couldn't find my rewards number. So Danielle, the cashier, proceeded to tell me, "we'll I can only assume that you don't have a rewards card!" This made me feel like she was calling me a lier. I didn't appreciate her comment, her tone of voice and her overall demeanor after I told her I didn't appreciate the way she was speaking to me.

While standing there, already upset, I overheard the supervisor reprimand another associate in front of another customer about leaving her register to help another guest. So for the second time this trip, after spending over $300.00, I felt like my business was not appreciated and your employees may need additional customer service training.