Awesome Auger / Scam and cheating

I ordered this item Sept. 9th and after seeing my order summary realized they over charged me $20 for shipping. I called their "customer service" number several times the rest of that week only to be told my order wasn't in the system yet and couldn't be adjusted or canceled until it was.

When I called back today, the 16th, I was told that it couldn't be adjusted or canceled because... it had already shipped! The ad and infomercial show a CORDLESS drill and tell you S & H is $19.95. S & H is actually $39.95 for the CORDLESS drill that is shown. The $19.95 S & H applies to a CORDED drill which is NOT mentioned or shown.

The CORDLESS drill is an upgrade. This is bait and switch advertising, it is also fraudulent and deceptive.
THESE PEOPLE ARE LIARS, CHEATS AND SCAMMERS! I will never trust another infomercial and will not buy anything online without doing more research about the product beforehand.

I warn all of you to do the same.

Va

Comments

• Sr
      9th of Aug, 2009

I repent for not reading complaints such as yours. I just ordered last week and it turned out to be 2 orders of the samething. I have been calling and they always say their computers are upgrading and they cannot access. This is the story for the entire week.
    S

• Jd
      11th of Sep, 2009

I am looking on this site to do my research before ordering the product. This sounds like an awful company, however, I cannot see why you are so upset about the cordless v corded drill? Maybe they changed the infomercial since, but it clearly shows on the infomercial (and ive seen it many times) that the "upgraded cordless drill shown". When you see a car commercial with DVD players and GPS built-in, do you think that it comes with the standard model? No, you have to pay extra for that.

Never the less, I will not be buying from this company as it sounds there are many other complaints about other things like duplicate orders, shipping charges, etc.