Awesome Auger / Unauthorized billing

I ordered 2 awesome augers for 19.95 +8.95 s/h, no problem... however when I saw that I had been charged $97.70, I went a little nuts! I called the 866 number only to be told that the order had shipped yesterday(which I find hard to believe) and that I was charged 20. sh/h for each "free" drill... which I knew nothing about until today. I was told that I could return them but would have to call back to get a return label. I wrote to the Texas attorney general... hopefully somebody can stop this company... or fire Billy Mays... whoever the *** he thinks he is!

Va

Comments

• Va
      2nd of Oct, 2008

What a scam! Awesome Auger has to be one of the biggest rip offs I have ever come across. I was under the impression that I ordered 2 auger sets AND 2 cordless drills. My credit card was charged $76+ even though by receipt did not add up to that amount.

TWO months later, I have received one auger set. I've emailed numerous times with no response. I finally was able to reach a human being today. She didn't like what I had to say so she transferred me to a supervisor. Both ladies had an attitude issue and basically I was told that it was too bad that I didn't understand their scam on their website. IF you want the drill, even though it does NOT say so, you must add an additional $40 S/H for each.

My advise, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE CROOKS!

• Ba
      9th of Oct, 2008

Go to www.infomercialratings.com to get info on these scammers.

• Va
      21st of Oct, 2008

I wish i had researched on the net abt this company. Total rip off someone should do something abt it. False advertising. They never mentioned p&h would come up to 73.70 which is more than double the product's worth. I tried to cancel the order 4 days after order was put in. They kept telling me order not received. When it was received they told me immediately it was already shipped.

Someone should look into this method of ripping people off. Why are they still allowed to sell this product? they are just big scammers.

Hope the people who work for them can sleep at night!