avs4you / Software quit working and company will not respond

I purchased a full AVS4You software license in 2009 and I was pleased with their programs but approximately two months ago most of my AVS4YOU programs quit working and I get messages that imply I am not licensed such as "Class Not Registered". This software has been used on the same computer since I bought the license. The company advertises that they will respond to email inquires within 48 hours. This has not happened and there is no other way to contact them but email. They provide a forum for discussing issues online but when I tried to register every user name I selected was rejected. Bottom line is I paid AVS4YOU for a non-expiring license to use their software and they are not honoring their end of the agreement. I am being ripped off by AVS4YOU.

Comments

8th of May, 2010
    avs4you - will not refund my account
    Edmonton
    Alberta
    Canada

I tried their audio converter the website says 30 day money back guarantee I contacted for a refund and nobody as contacted or credited my credit card

• Ga
      8th of Nov, 2011

I had exactly the same experience! I like the product but after being knocked out by a virus, I can't get my license issue relolved. I've contacted them twice, via their website, over the last couple of months, without any success. I like the product & was going to purchase another license for a new computer, but NO WAY with thier "rotten" support

• Sd
      5th of Jan, 2012

I purchased an unlimited license for avs4you software. After having my motherboard and hard drive replaced in my computer the software was no longer activated. Attempting to use my old license key resulted in an "already been activated error". I contacted support and they reluctantly gave me a new code after a few messages. A year later, the software has deactivated again. It turns out the license key they reluctantly gave out was for a 1 year subscription. I have begun the battle again to get a new license key. Their TOS says unlimited lifetime subscription as long as I own this computer.

avs4you has a problem honoring there unlimited license key. Buyer beware.

• Li
      13th of Apr, 2012

i purchased avs4you in 2009 and have NEVER been able to use it! you can't call them. when i key my pw system says it's wrong. they won't email you back. a waste of $59. it is a complete rip off.

• Dj
      22nd of Aug, 2014

I purchase my license in Oct. 23, 2012. My computer crashed a month ago and I have been trying to retrieve my license and password for a month. They say it's in the mail but I never receive it and my anti spam folder is not blocking it. I purchase it with Papal. I think I will try to see if Paypal can help me.
    Wish me luck!!!

• Da
      9th of May, 2016

Scam on lifetime license - DO NOT SUPPORT SUCH COMPANIES

Like many others I had a lifetime license and the company changed their policy since my purchase to state that the license is only valid on the very original computer you install the software on.

Their "Free" is a ploy to force you to the commercial offering. Obscure web sites hosting "reviews" of how great the software is should be a sign of a problem.

SCAM - #dontmakepiracyeasier