Auto Seller Network / Fraudulent company

On Thursday Feb. 12, 2009, I received a call regarding the 2007 Ford Mustang Convertible I had advertised on Craigslist and Auto Trader. Asked if I had sold the car yet? I answered NO and he introduced himself as Kevin Dodge a Representative of Autosellernewwork an affiliate of Walmart. Asked me to describe the car and condition, mileage, asking price. I did and he told me it sounded like an excellent car and they would love to sell it for me and it should only take about 2 weeks! They make their money, he said, by re-financing the car and that I would not have to do a thing. It would require a deposit of $499.99 that I could put on my credit card. If it didn't sell, I would be refunded the $400 and they would keep, as insurance, the $99.99. They would pay for the advertising and initial screening of the applicants. I won't go into all the details but I mentioned that I was wary of this being a scam and he said we are a reputable company affiliated with Walmart and recommended by the BBB. They car would stay with me until the buyer gave me a check that cleared my bank and then I could release the car. He said let me give you over to our Confirmation Mgr., Steve, and Steve went over the cost I would only have to pay $99.99 for their service. I gave them my Master Card number and they said they would email me immediately with all the information about them, that they were located on Shea Blvd. in Scottsdale.

Well, I never received the email with my confirmation number! When I called the Card Company, the charge for the 99.99 and the 400 dollars had been received and approved but not actually put on my account. I asked that they stop the charge and they said they could not until it was actually put onto my account. So, here I am, I will Dispute the charge and hope that it will be taken off my account. I just want other people to know of this scam. I am retired living on Social Security and a small pension and cannot afford to take a loss of this magnitude. My husband is retired also and we are very upset about this hoax!

Ni

Comments

• Tr
      4th of Mar, 2009

I too am on a fixed income. That's a big loss. I'm currently out $200.00 to another company with a "satisfation" HA! guaranty. How do they spot us? It seems I'm constantly getting taken or robbed.

I was considering getting many essentials at Walmart. Will now reconsider. If they do business with such sleazy people, I won't support them even though I will end up spending more elsewhere.

• Sk
      17th of Mar, 2017

@traveler818 They just say they are a part of Walmart but in truth they are not

• Ag
      1st of Apr, 2009

I agree completely with you! Those ### did the same thing to me and I lost $400 from the whole thing. I work two jobs and go to school so I certainly cannot afford to be scammed, but it happened to me. It was even the same guy, "Kevin Dodge". I DO NOT see how these jerks sleep at night. So I reported them to the Better Business Bureau, and for the past couple of months the BBB has been trying to contact them. There has been no response so the BBB just emailed me saying that they will basically just get a bad mark against their supposed company. I encourage anyone that this has happened to...report it to the BBB. You can do it online, and the more people that report it, the quicker they will be out of "business".

• Wi
      3rd of Apr, 2009

They also called me from my autotrader ad. Offered to sell my car and I could buy the protection plan for $79, that would refund my $299 if they dont sell my car, or if I sell it myself. Now that I sold my car to an autotrader customer, they dont want to refund me based on some small print that completely contridicts what the sales person promised. SCAMMERS!!! Report them now to the BBB.

11th of Apr, 2009

In March, I received a call from Auto Seller Network regarding my car which was listed on AutoTrader.com. After about 20 phone calls from Auto Seller Network, I agreed to allow them to sell my car and paid $399.00 plus $99.00 insurance fee if the car doesn't sell. As they were going through their spill of information, I heard some information about refund forms which had to be sent within 7 days, etc. They stated the call was being recorded for their protection as well as mine. When I heard this - I stopped the rep and asked for clarification. I proceeded with the transaction and sent my refund form in. I have been listed for over 2 weeks and not even ONE response from AutoSellerNetwork from any interested party. I am sure they are a scam. I have called their company to ask them detailed information about their BBB affiliation, etc. They state they have been in business since 1990's. The 60 different websites my car is supposed to be on don't exist. I have looked at the websites they state the car will appear on and there is nothing there. I am waiting out my time to request my refund, but I am sure they are going to attempt to spin me around in a circle to avoid refunding my money. Even if they do - they still made out with $100. So imagine they do this 20 times a day - that's $2k for someone's pocket. Don't be fooled by these people. Just fyi... I suspect they have affiliates with other names because I have also received an enormous amount of calls from similar agencies which I suspect are Auto Seller Network in disguise. Be careful everyone. If you don't believe me - just check out their website. What a crock! It is difficult to use and one must continue to retype and submit information to find anything. I even saw an add for a BMW with a Porsche listed. In my car's information, they had put it has a diesel engine which is not even offered for my car type. If ANYONE KNOWS HOW I CAN GET MY REFUND - PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

Thanks everyone!

• Oc
      5th of Jun, 2017

@choirmats thank you everyone for sharing your experience with these scammers. I received a call from seller network today regarding my vehicle that i advertised on craiglist for sale. I asked the guy to call me back in few hours. I just checked online and found these reviews. I am going decline their service offer.

• Sk
      3rd of Jul, 2017

@Ocean Eleven Glad I looked this company up! I just received a call with an offer to sell my truck. As I was talking with "Keith", I quickly googled Seller Network and saw these reviews. I told "Keith" I was going to research the company first and I would call them back. Not now! Thanks all! unbelievable how people think of ways to scam us!

SCAM SCAM WWW.AUTOSELLERNETWORK.COM AUTOSELLERNETWORK IS A SCAM

19th of Apr, 2009

scam scam www.autosellernetwork.com is a scam I @ucking hate autosellernetwork SCAM
    /URL removed/
    /URL removed/?q5=autosellernetwork&Search=Search&q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search%21
    /URL removed/
    IF THE BBB SAYS THERE GOOD THEN THE BBB IS A SCAM TOO AUTOSELLERNETWORK IS A SCAM

19th of Apr, 2009

Fraudulent company aUTOsELLERnETwORK SCAM www.AUTOSELLERNETWORK.com scam

21st of Apr, 2009

These dirtbags will say anything and everything to get you hooked. I fell for it once. I'm still kicking myself for not being as skeptical as I usually am.

Here are some examples of what they will say.

1. We can get you your asking price, possibly even more than you asking price!
    2. Your car is extremely popular and in high demand.
    3. We have prospective buyers already interested in your car.
    4. We guarantee your car will be sold within 90 days.
    5. I will personally pay half ($250) of your fee upfront because I am so confident we will sell your car.

I'm sure there's more that I just can't think of right now.

Whenever I get a call from these morally bankrupt @ssholes I let them make thier pitch and then I say "I'm only interested if I can pay the fee AFTER you sell the car". They make the excuse that they can't change the policy bla bla bla. Then I just re-iterate "If I have to pay anything up front, I'm not interested." They usually give up at this point and realize I'm not going to fall for it.

The bottom line her folks, is that if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. #1, 2 and 3 above are the prime examples of this. Think about it, one of the first things they say is they guarantee they will sell your car. Then in the next breath they offer you insurance in case they don't!

Every time I'm selling a car I usually get about 3 calls a week from these scammers.

Good luck everyone, and remember, be skeptical.

• Oh
      23rd of Jun, 2009

We were contacted in December 2008 by Autosellernetwork.com through our autotrader.com ad. We were very skeptical but could not find any any complaints on the internet about them at the time. We paid the $499 and did not receive a single response regarding the sale of our car form them. They told us at the time that our car would be advertised on ebay and it never was. We ended up selling our car through autotrader.com Autosellernetwork.com are a scam - stay clear.

• Cy
      16th of Jul, 2009

b/c of this website I was saved from these guys, when I put up resistance they got pretty nasty and said all the online stuff was half good half bad.

thanks so much for saving my butt, I should split the fee with you.

• Bo
      23rd of Jul, 2009

Just shows what the monetary system truly represents, promoting preying on each other like parasites rather then intelligent beings co-operating for a common benefits.
    These are the shallowest and weakest of all.

• Y2
      23rd of Jul, 2009

Same story with me regarding them. After advertising my vehicle on Cars.com, a representative from Autoseller Network contacted me, responding to my ad. Actually kept calling me several times, until I gave in and accepted. "I have 8 buyers interested..." the rep said. Well, after they got my credit card info, and charged my account, I received two emails confirming the charges, but NO ADDITONAL email with any info about how to proceed with them for selling my car. And, naturally, no follow-up calls from the rep who had all these "potential buyers". SCAM ARTISTS!!!

• Y2
      23rd of Jul, 2009

Out of curiousity, I just spent some time on their website. I did a vehicle search for cars. With a possible 52 manufaturers (Make) and searching for ALL models, a whopping grand total of TWENTY SIX (26) cars were listed. This from a company promoting the following: "the most comprehensive advertising network available, with millions of searches everyday". Compare this to the REALITY of thousands upon thousands of cars listed with cars.com, autotrader.com, or Ebay. What a joke it would be, if they weren't scamming us.

• St
      2nd of Aug, 2009

They start do their fraud activity with people of the most great and powerful country these guys should be take down and be in prison they're no humans, and why is our FBI do not protect us from the people like these busters I've been robbed by them and no any organization will do anything if so I willing to start do my own investigation of this company if someone wants to do so against them please let me know together we'll clean up our country from these parasites. Be strong Americans and don't let you fool. period.

• Ot
      7th of Aug, 2009

I got a call from them today saying they had someone right now interested in my motorcycle and they would be willing to pay1000.00 more then my asking price?????!!! The dirt bags name was Todd Barker, he gave me the whole sales pitch as well, and said they would only want a 379.00 fee to have the sale go throught. I told them i wanted to look into this company first, he kept on telling me about the BBB, and the BBB this, and the BBB that! Thank God i looked into this first ! I'm so happy i followed my gut feeling about this company. It's Like they say if its to good to be true ..."IT IS" ...but what really bugs me is why is this company not shut down!

• Ca
      24th of Aug, 2009

Heh I almost fell for this one, I almost want to just go through with it just so I can play a real life game with the representative... hop on the next plane and give the representative ( although the names they give are fake, it makes the game even funner! :) ) a visit..

• Ea
      8th of Sep, 2009

I fell for this SCAM! I'm an idiot! But at the time, no one was buying cars and I felt that AutoSellersNetwork would actually help me out. I was deffinetly skeptical at first! I know the sales rep called me back atleast 4 times before i caved in. I followed all the rules and regulations to a tee. Now it's 4 months after I sent in my request for refund, but it just so happens they cant find my paperwork that I paid good money to have shipped to them. I've been trying to get my money back (which is the guarantee) for the last 4 weeks. Everytime I call, the refund representative is out of the office, or today... apparenty it's a completely different law firm that takes care of the refunds. What a scam! I've talked to so many people from there and every time its a different story. They say they never received the paper work, but I have a POD. Now they want me to fax them everything... WHY COULDN'T HAVE I DONE THAT THE FIRST TIME! F*(K!!! Anyways, i'm getting fairly upset and frustrated with this company. I'm seriously shocked they're still in business. I even checked them out at the BBB but as soon as I go to file a complaint... they dont exist. I plan on looking into this further... legally! Strong, you said you were looking for people, well count me in. If there was some massive investigation or law suit, i'd be all for it! Let me know!

Bottom Line... SCAM!!!

• Da
      13th of Sep, 2009

we also post our car for sale on craiglist and cars.com and we got few times calls from those guys but we never respound(the way that they talk was too good to be true!!!)- we say we think about it and we took them number and website so when i decide to check webpage-i found alot of complains about them. so thank you very much for saving me from those guys!!!

• Pc
      14th of Sep, 2009

I fell for this ### too! im soooo f'en pissed off. I hope they all die. $399 plus $100 down the drain. ### BBB!!!

• Na
      16th of Sep, 2009

I have also been duped out of the $99 + $400 fees. I am currently disputing it with my credit card company which they refused initially to do anything about after contacting the mofo's and they told my credit card company they have my agreement.

I responded that I never received jack-squat from them and so they never fulfilled their end of the agreement. I have a feeling my credit card company is not going to do anything in my favour which will really piss me off, because they have always gone above and beyond for me in all of my customer service requests in the past.

I will definitely refer them (credit card folks) to this page when I next talk to them. If only I had found this page before now!

Has anyone else had any luck with their credit card company honouring a dispute for this obviously bogus purchase?