Associated Credit Union / Scam

Associated Credit Union
Associated Credit Union has decided that they will no longer cut cashier's checks made out to ACU including my mortgage account number without a faxed request including detailed instructions. They also want me to include a copy of my Driver's License per request. They stated that without this faxed letter, they can only make cashier's checks out to me and they must maile them to me as well.

This does not make since. I have been paying my mortgage as well as making additional payments toward the principal via ACU's Transfer Department over the phone for at least a year. I know the names of all of the representatives in the department and at least three of them actually know my voice.

At least once every month I request that funds be taken out of my checking account in the form of a cashier's check made payable to ACU and that the check is walked across the hall to the Mortgage Department. I have the checks made out to ACU and my mortgage account number listed on the check due to the fact that I have been told that Associated Credit Union's Mortgage Department is on a "different system". This "different system" does not have the capability of noting my mortgage payments on the same day if I simply reuest that funds are transferred from my checking account to my mortgage account. If I request a transfer, they have stated that the payments will be posted to my mortgage account the next day. On more than one occassion this has not occurred;therefore, I began asking that the Transfer Department simply walk a cashier's check accross the hall to the Mortgage Department. This has worked like clock work for at least a year.

Besides my mortgage, I have three other accounts with ACU. In order to set up those accounts, I had to visit one of the branches, sit down with one or their representatives, present my Driver's License and sign signature cards per new account. I have had two auto loans and currently have a Visa with ACU, not to mention my payroll check is directly deposited to my ACU checking account.

Why is it necessary for me to begin faxing a letter and a copy of my Driver's License everytime I want to make mortgage payments by cashier's check? The Transfer Department representative said it is because I am requesting that the cashier's check is made out to ACU instead of me.

Why is ACU making me jump through hoops? I would think that since ACU does not have the ability to allow it's members to pay their mortgages online, they would attempt to help their members remain on track paying their mortgage. I have been a loyaly customer banking with ACU for at yeast 10 years. This sudden turn of events is disappointing to say the least.

More Associated Credit Union Complaints & Reviews

Plus Associated Credit Union - Rip off!!
Plus ACU of Texas - Website for Banking and Cards

D  2nd of Apr, 2009 by
umm...why don't you just use their billpay service? Its free.
N  23rd of Apr, 2009 by
my complaint with the carfinders dept. mycredit is less than pristine. the car loan was supposed to repair my credit, it did not I am now upsidedown in a crazy car loan. I was also promised a check for equipment the used car was missing, I never got it. I have been with ACU. for over 30 years.

ACU of Texas Logo ACU of Texas