Asset Acceptance / Fraud and scam
In 2006, when my husband and I where purchasing our home, I discovered that this company (brood of vipers) had a judgment against me. The judgment was for a then 4 year old credit card debt. The statue of limitations in my state is 3 years.
They had 'served' me at an old address. I never knew about the case until after three months after is was awarded. Still, I sent a letter to the court. Asset Acceptance answered the letter with doctored documents. The judgment stayed.
Now they are garnishing my wages. They say I owe them 12, 000 for a credit card that had a $5000 limit. It was never tot he limit. I received a 1099 from the IRS for a portion of the balance when it was written off.
They must be stopped.
More Asset Acceptance Complaints & Reviews
- Asset Acceptance - AALLC is a debit scam! 
- Asset Acceptance - I don't know how anyone in America couldn't trust their validity 
- Asset Acceptance - Abstract of Judgement against me 
- Asset Acceptance - How Can I Get Them To Stop Calling? 
- Asset Acceptance - Scam and lies
- Asset Acceptance - not my account 
- Asset Acceptance - unwarranted charges on credit card i dont even have 
- Asset Acceptance - Fraudulent debt settlement letter
- Asset Acceptance - Trying to Ruin My Credit
- Asset Acceptance - No contact information for origial creditor