Asia Miles / Cathay Pacific / Asia Miles & Cathay Pacific

Asia Miles, PO Box 1024 Tsuen Wan Post Office, Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I would like to add my complaint to the already long list i read. I purchased economy class tickets, with intention to use my Asia Miles to upgrade to premium economy. As most of you would know, this means I need to purchase a higher class (more expensive) economy tickets because the cheapers ones will not allow an upgrade. As such .. I paid RM500 x 4 tickets (so approximately RM2000 / USD500 for all for tickets). Prior to this, I had checked to ensure availability of the upgrade, etc. I did manage to get my upgrades, and was a happy critter for a short period of time. I was then informed that the return flight had to change planes which does not carry Premium Economy, and as such I am downgraded back to economy. I would not have minded economy, BUT ... 1) They wanted to take away 10, 000 points for 1 way upgrade (15, 000 for two ways) 2) I had paid extra for the tickets to get upgraded, and now I can only upgrade 1 way 3) Had I known this could not be done on the return, I would not have chosen that late night flight that lands after midnight, especially with kids. No one can help in a call. I was kept on hold forever ... the answer is the same!!! I wrote a complaint ... no answer for 10 days. I wrote to ask why no response. Finally they call ... but same answer as before.. "we're sorry ..." The best they can do is to refund 7500 points (half) ... which is USELESS for me now because I am totally pissed off with this. So now ... I have NO CHOICE. - I have already paid an extra RM2000 for 4 tickets and can only get an upgrade for 1 way - I am on a flight I don't like because I can no longer change to an earlier flight. I would never have selected this flight, if not for the upgrade which I now don't have Its a wonderful start to a holiday ... and I have Asia Miles to thank for it !!!

Re