ASF International / EFT Billing after cancellation

TX, United States Review updated:

I called to cancel my account bc of a move; sent them the email confirmation I recieved from USPS; was told it was not valid proof, and that I had to fax the actual letter. Cancelled EFT and received confirmation emails from them.

Faxed original letter the day after I got it (on the 10th), and they told me on the 14th they hadn't received it. Faxed ANOTHER time, received confirmation of receipt this time, but since my bill is due today, they charged me AGAIN!

I told them I had done what they asked; they said their cancellation department was still reviewing it, so I would have to pay the monthly fees AGAIN, or the acct would go into arrears and I wouldn't be able to cancel.

This company is using EFT to take my money, and is not letting me out of this contract by using their cancellation department reviews and mismanagement of Fax's to do so.

I will never ever do business with another company using ASF for their dues.

De

Comments

Jun 01, 2009

Without Deborah's information is quite difficult to answer her comments. However, I can tell you that the cancellations department does work from the date the initial request comes in and not the date they actually start processing the request. I would imagin that Deborah's membership is cancelled at this time.

Chris Peterson
    Customer Relations Manager
    ASF International

• Kj
      Jun 03, 2009

I am having similar difficulties with them at this time. I faxed AND sent 3 forms of "proof" that my husband and I are moving to South Africa. I specifically requested a phone call if they were not sufficient as we have very limited time before we leave. I never had a phone call, let alone a letter in the mail "within 10 days" as it states on the contract. I finally called and they informed me that they sent a letter (doubtful) and they said my information was not enough information. I faxed them again even MORE proof and specifically requested a call back. Still no word and it's been a week now. I called to check on the status as our mail is already being forwarded to our family and I won't receive another "letter" before we leave. When I called a spoke a really rude customer service rep and she kept trying to talk over me as I was explaining my situation to her. This company just keeps getting worse and worse and I told the three other girls that are thinking about starting a contract with ASF to NEVER enter a contract with ASF.

Jun 03, 2009

Nobody ever enters a contract with ASF International. That is the great understanding of all of this. Member's enter into agreements with the health clubs or martial arts studios that we do business with. We simply enforce the terms and conditions of those agreements.

Chris Peterson
    Customer Relations Manager
    ASF International

• Kj
      Jun 08, 2009

I have told at least four close friends, family members, and sent out an email warning everyone I know against entering into an "agreement" with any club that uses ASF as they are dishonest, rude, and definitely do not care about good business practices. If they truly cared about good practices, they would allow people to speak directly with their cancellation department.