Art Van Furniture / no replacement

1 6500 14 Mile RdWarren, MI, United States Review updated:

We purchased a King size King Coil mattress from Art Van furniture in Michigan. Our salesperson told us Art Van owned the King Coil factory and if anything were to happen to the mattress it could be replaced. Soon after we started sleeping on the mattress, it started "caving" in. We called and Art Van sent out a guy with a measuring stick to assess the dent. He told us that we would never get the mattress replaced because the dent had to be a certain #of inches- the pillow top would always mask the actual condition of the mattress. You would have to lay on the bed to notice and that's not how they determine the condition of the mattress. I called (and wrote) Art Van again and all they did was send out another inspector w/ a ruler. We are going to have to through away this crappy mattress. We now live in Florida and Art Van is in Michigan- we will tell all our friends and family who still live in Michigan to never deal with Art Van again. You'd think after buying well over $8K of furniture from them over the years they would have at least replaced the mattress or given us a credit toward a different brand.

Va

Comments

• Su
      8th of Nov, 2009

Art Van is full of ____!!! I bought a $1800.00 mattress on sale for 50% off, with promises and so on. Long story short, it was not even a FIRM matress which the Livonia Sales clerk told me it was, NEXT DAY DELIVERY, "not when there is a sale, WE are too busy", found out that their SATISFACTION GUARANTEE is only good for 30 days (when I took them to small claims court), and the 15 year warranty on the mattress, well mine was measured and found to be very defective, but they claim it had a stain on it...there was no stain. When trying to get them to replace it due to increasing back problems from sleeping on it (I am 49), the general manager in corporate said there is no such thing as firm and laughed in my face, when I told them I can't even sit on the side of it without slipping off, more than 3 supervisors told me "beds are not made to sit on" and "sitting on a mattress anymore than 30 seconds is considered excessive", well... I tried to file with Better Business Bureau, they refused to accept the report saying it was stained!!! That is the issue..it is NOT!!! Sone one told me now that if they are a member of BBB, BBB never accepts a complaint from one of their paying BBB members...could that be why there were no records of any complaints for any Art Van. Also in small claims court, I was not even able to tell the whole story, Art Van stopped me and showed the judge warranty that I never ever saw and the case was dismissed. MICHIGANS MATTRESS LEADERS, what a laugh!!

• Ga
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Artvan - Furniture
    Battle Creek
    Michigan

I purchased a furniture set and was promised a new tv a few days later looking at my receipt i was charged $500 i made several complaints and received a different answer everytime they say they discount the furniture to get the free tv but i wrote down the price of every item i bought and it was never discounted when i checked out scammers