Art Van Furnituredelivery

On Thursday November 29, 2018 I had a delivery scheduled for a table and chair set recently purchased on Friday the 23rd from your Novi location. The time frame was confirmed for 12pm to 3pm. Upon the date of delivery at 2:46 pm I received a call at which I missed, however, returned the call right away at 2:47pm. The delivery person stated that he would be arriving in 5 minutes upon which I agreed. He then called back at 2:54pm and when I answered the phone, he hung up. I called him right back and the phone rang and then went to voicemail at which I did not leave a message. He then called me at 3:03pm and stated that he would arrive in 10 minutes, and also stated that he "left his drill at his last job". I told Him I had to leave at 3:30 and I knew that he could not deliver and assemble a table and chairs in 15 minutes. I then asked Him if would be willing to deliver it this evening after 4:30, he said that he could not, he wouldn't be in the area. I then expressed to Him that this was Art Van's problem and I've been waiting for my delivery. He said it was nothing He could do and he would be there in 10 minutes. I told him that he would not and I would be calling the store and then hung up. I then called and spoke with the store manager, explained what occurred and was told I would receive a call back in a few minutes. I'm still waiting to hear back from someone. This is a complete outrage and I am highly disappointed with Art Van's level of customer service. The complete experience includes the sale and the delivery, and cannot just be inclusive to the sale. Every employee is a representation of the company. I was given a day and time frame, at which I made provision to abide by in expectation of receiving my merchandise. Then, made to feel as though it was my problem that I could not wait around after the scheduled time to receive my items! Compensation and just plain consideration are an absolute must in this regard. This is not only an inconvenience, but my level of trust for a long standing company that we have used over the years for previous furniture items is now tainted. I would appreciate some resolve in this matter.

Af