AquaGuard / Lack of replacement of spare eventhough under AMC

1 India

My aquaguard is under MNC (Contract Receipt No.AG 96B 14301432 (validity up to 31.3. 2009). The name of Service Franchisee is S. Choudhury, A-2/60, Kalyani, Nadia. The Aquaguard developed a big leakage and it was reported to them day before yesterday including the nature of problem. The technician visited in the noon of yesterday, and told in the evening that the defective housing will be replaced by today noon. But in the evening he told that because of non-availability of the spare, it would not be possible to correct the defect until day after tomorrow. My wife (age 59) and myself (age 60) are not getting pure drinking water since day before yesterday even though the instrument is under MNC. For a reputed concern like you, do you think this kind of service should be acceptable to people like us? I am a University Professor and very busy person (you can check my credentials by typing my name in the Google search). Do you think your reputed concern can not replace a spare within 48 hours, eventhough the instrument is under AMC? Shall I have to forward this complain to the Consumer redressal forum to get prompt services? Your technician was requested to solve the drinking water problem by giving him many options. But he did not care to take any positive measure and asked me if I like I can talk to the General Manager of Eureka Forbes in this regard. Really, am I supposed to bring the matter to the notice of the GM for getting such petty things done on time? Your prompt response in this matter will only deter me from going the Consumer redressal forum. Incidentally, I also own a Vacuum Cleaner of Eureka Forbes. Normally I used to get a prompt service whenever needed, but this is the first time when we have been thrown to fend for ourselves in this hot summer. I hope a clear message will follow down the line and by tomorrow, I'll get the spare replaced. I'll like to see it in order by tomorrow evening at the latest.
Thanking in anticipation of your prompt action,
Yours sincerely,
Prof. Dr. A.R. Khuda Bukhsh, Ph.D.
University of Kalyani,