SUBMIT A COMPLAINT

Apria Healthcare Groupreceived a bill when told I wouldn't

Review updated:

My dad was in Loma Linda hos end of Nov 2016. He was released on 12/1/16 and was told he needed walker. I asked what is cost and Dr advised no charge Medicare pays all for just walker. I was also advised by P.t. Tech no charge. They don't pay for one with seat, but just walker Medicare pays all.
Now we rec a bill from Apria Healtcare.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Menifee, CA I called and spoke with Beverly who said this is co-pay and I spoke to her supervisor Jasmine who advised his Ins is 80/20, she said she was sorry, which I replied means nothing to me. So why weren't we told. I got p/w out from Apria and because my father was in bed when he came, he said I could sign. So I signed the p/w. He said nothing about a co-pay! Seems bad business practice to me. I did not give any card info and was understanding we would not rec a bill. Please help us. I don't think my dad should be penalized for a bill we were told wouldn't get. I told them to come pick up they said it was a sell. Bad business!! Bonnie Hauck dtr

An
Jan 10, 2017
Sort by: UpDate | Rating

Comments

  • Co
      Jan 10, 2017

    Most people know Medicare only pays 80%. They probably assumed you knew. If your father is low income he should apply for Medicaid. They will pick up the other 20%.

    0 Votes

Post your comment