[Resolved] Apria Healthcare Group / not getting supplies after giving auth # two weeks prior

1 Sacramento, CA, United States

Apria has the worst customer service people. I placed an order for my husband's cpap supplies in the middle of january, the 12th. Apria never once reached out to us to let us know there was a issue. The following week I called to checked where the order was & they were waiting for authorization but they sent it to the wrong company, come to find out another week later. I had my insurance company call apria to explain that the authorization had to be sent to the medical group hills physicians which did authorize it on january 31st. Now here's where apria really failed us. Not only did I call to give the authorization # but my dr.'s office did as well. There was no record on my husband's account that anyone every spoke to myself or the dr.'s office. This was february 6th now. Come february 12th I called again now exactly 1 month after the initial order placement all the while my husband is reusing his supplies. Really nice huh. I call & I am told they have no record of the authorization number, I give it to the rep again. I am put on hold while they try to verify it with our insurance. I told them it is not our insurance that pays it is our medical group. They didn't want to help & said they couldn't deal with the medical group & it had to be faxed. I contacted my dr.'s office again to deal with apria. Apria had us listed over 50 miles away from the base delivery point I guess the whole time. Mind you every time I call the 1st thing I am asked is our zip code. Seriously how hard could it have been to ask/ call to verify their mistake. We've been a customer for a few years & the only thing that changed come the 1st of the year was our insurance so how did the distance change? Thankfully my dr.'s office mapped it for apria, 13 miles & our supplies are due to be deluvered, hopefully in 2 days now. Only over a month later. No thanks to anyone at apria.

• Resolution statement

• Apria Healthcare Group Customer Care's Response, Feb 13, 2018

Insufficient customer information to validate complaint.

Jr