AON Home Buyer's Insurance / AON insurance is a rip-off!

1 United States

I obtained the AON home buyer's insurance with my home purchase - the AON contract number is 1604841.

Recently I found my dishwasher leaks water - it is a 14 years old machine and it did not come as a surprise. I called AON and they sent a Sears technician to check the machine - I paid $50 deductible. The technician diagnosed the plumb assembly is leaking and gave me the receipt for the $50 dollar deductible and "Estimated Grand Total" of 267.45 on the receipt. (According to the technician it is $158 parts plus $109 labor)

I talked to AON and indicated I want to cash out the repair cost and buy a new one because I do not want to repair a 14 year old dishwasher.

AON only agreed to give me $44 as the cash value at the beginning - which does not even cover the $50 deductible I paid. After I talked to the "supervisor", he offer to pay me $109 (labor and parts) and insist that is how much they would pay Sears because of a discount agreement with Sears. From $267.45 to $109, that is an unbelievable discount! I asked if he can show me the agreement - got refused. I called Sear [protected]) and nobody can confirm there is such an discount agreement and they said it is going to be more than that $109 for the repair.

I think AON is taking advantage of warranty buyers like me by not paying the actual repairing cost as the cash out option.