Angel Investment Network / Now the scammer is using a woman's name

1 San Marcos, TX, United States Review updated:

Boy, am I glad I got a hinky feeling about the "to good to be true" job offer I got from this person and checked it out further. I see from the multitude of ongoing complaints that this job scam with payment via money order, etc., has been going on for a long time. NOW, the person is using a lady's name as the attorney of reference, not a man's name anymore - I guess that makes it a little more easy to believe? BLECH. We are suffering enough in this economy without jobs, looking for honest work, without ### like this person to prey on our vulnerabilities. Here is "her" letter. One of the main things that got me to thinking about the offer was the terrible spelling/grammar. I didn't think a "real" attorney would be so lax in their communications to anyone, much less a potential employee.

tiffaniemillerti@aol.com

show details 6:40 PM (14 hours ago)

Hello Delara,

Thanks for your interests in the position, I will deeply appreciate all genuine efforts to help me monitor and keep up to date with all my activities.I have had a previous Personal Assistant(Book keeping/Accountant) who has been very commendable in Her activities and who has been part of my life for the past 6 months, she has since returned to her country. I sincerely hope I will be able to find someone again who will be as efficient as she has been..

I'm Tiffanie Miller, 41 years old, originally from Queensland Australia, but I have spent my whole life here in United State. I'm a lawyer by profession and I have been pretty successful in a handful of ventures I get involved in, from the Angel Investment Network in Canada and United State to various welfare and community service programs, I'm most very often get my hands occupied, so it is imperative for me to have a worthy assistant who can monitor and keep me up to date with my activities.

As my assistant, your activities amongst other things will include;

*Running personal errands, supervisions and monitorings..
*Scheduling programmes, flights and keeping me up to date with them.
*Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence when I'm away.
*Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf.
*Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities.
Basic wage is $300 a weekly...

I'm currently in the Australia now for a summit and would be back to the state in about 2 weeks, however, I do have a number of things you could help me with next week if you will be available for me. This can act as a stable foundation to our working relationship.

Please note that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules, it's a part-time, work from home basis and the flexibilty means that there will be busier weeks than others, so it's a little difficult judging the exact number of hours you'll be doing per week.If you can manage your time properly, this job may even give you some extra while you do something else on the side..

As I have said, I'd want us to get a head start with things as soon as possible. I do have a pile up of work and a number of unattended chores which you can immediately assist me with, I hope we can meet up with the workload eventually.

Permit me to use the coming week to test your efficiency and diligence towards all this, also to work out your time schedule and fit it to mine. I really need to find the perfect person for this job, I'm confident you can take up the challenge and on the long run we should have a relatively sound working relationship between us. I'd want us to meet up on AOL chat as soon as possible so we can discuss this extensively, moreso it's easier for me to convey informations once i'm online. My AOL ID is the same as my e-mail address It may be a little difficult working out the time difference between us initially, with time however, we should get used to it...I'm online most of the time when I'm not out or in a meeting so we should be able to have a chat sooner than you think. Do try to keep a date.I am glad you are willing to work with me and i promise to be a good boss.I am also glad on the commitment in working.I have been checking my files and what i would want you to do for me next week is to run some errands out to some of the orphanage home, I do that every month .The funds will be in form of cashiers check or Money Order and it will be sent over to you from one of my clients and i have some list to email you once you received the funds, You will make some arrangements by buying some stuff for the kids in the nearest store arround you so you can mail them out..

I will get you more information on that, I will like you to get back to me with your Contact Details such as:

Full Name:
Full Contact Address:{ Not P.O. Box }
City:
State:
Zip code:
Cell Phone Number:
Age:
Email:

Once i receive your contact information i will get back to you with the task for this week, Understand you will also be paid as well as its important for me to make the necessary steps before i get to the state. Hope i am clear with that.. Get back as soon asap.

Regards

Tiffanie Miller.

Comments

• He
      28th of Dec, 2010

I found 2 ads on craigs list for a personal assistant. I responded to both. One was tiffaniemiller@aol.com and the other was donaldwalter1@aol.com. Both replied to me with VERY simular emails. Both were lawyers in another country for a while, looking for someone to run errands. The first question I had was WHY ARE THEY WANTING ME TO PUT MONEY INTO MY ACCOUNT THEN TAKE IT OUT IMMEDIATLY? Another question I had was WHY AREN'T THEY SENDING THEIR MONEY DIRECTLY TO THE ORPHANAGES THEMSELVES?? Which is why I started looking into it. Come to find out it is a money laundering scam.

• Lo
      10th of Jan, 2011

Yes, I have just received the same email. When she mispelled a bunch of words, I realized something was off.

• Co
      10th of Jan, 2011

hi i got this to i noticed after i actually gave her the info she said my address was wrong i threatened the police i haven't heard since. Really all i want is a job why are people doing this?