Amp'd Mobile / Lousy billing and customer service

I signed up with Amp'd Mobile on the internet and bought 2 phones. The phones are fine since they are Motorola. My problem began when I tried to make a payment via the website. I owed 85.17 per phone, I paid that amount in separate transactions. When I got my statement the payment was entered 4 times instead of 2. I said OK just credit my next bill. Anyway that was in march , now it is May and I am still trying to get the money that I paid to be credited to my account! I called last week the person said no problem we will send a corrected bill. I woke up yesterday and my service was disconnected! I called yesterday, they said I had to prove that the payment was made, so I faxed a copy of my statement showing that I had paid them 340.00. They said no problem and reconnected my service, promising to e-mail me a corrected statement. I wake up today and my phone is disconnected again, I called (another 2 hours) and they tell me to pay the balance and they will restore the service like yesterday never happened, and the money is still not credited to my account. Now my next step is to go to the BBB and the Illinois dept. of commerce. It is one thing to have lousy service. It is a different ball game when you take my money and do not apply it too my account.

A  27th of Jun, 2007 by
Ampd mobile is the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life. To begin with they had false advertising. The original plan that I had signed up for was a plan that included free nights and weekends, unlimited txt and picture messaging for $50 for a monthly bill. Then I received my first months bill and it was for $300 + and I called to see what was going on to be put on hold for 2 hours. Then the reps. tell me that they never had free weekends, which was a lie. So then I pay the bill and then they charge my card not one but two times. I then called back to get my card credited. Then the they tell me that they have to put in a request to give me back my money. Mind you this was a mistake on their end. It took a month to receive the credit, but to make it even worse they did not credit my card, they would only credit the ampd acct. I was then very angry. Then another bill came in over minutes I know I didn't use. They couldn't help me so I switched to another provider. I tried to keep my same number, but they wouldn't transfer my number. I was hung up on several times or I was told that they couldn't help me and they have to transfer me to some one who could. That would never happen because I would be on hold for up to 2 hours literally or hung up on. Then I decided to just pay the bill and end my contract because I didn't want to mess my credit up. This morning I find out that they filed Chapter 11 and now the number is busy. So I can't even pay my bill and nor am I now. I think this is the WORST customer service I have ever experienced. I hope that all the customers will be able to get together to file a class action suit against the no good Amp'd. There needs to be something done to protect our credit and makeup for the problems they have caused us.