Amigo Energy / Ripoff Energy Company

1 Houston, TX, United States Review updated:

Amigo Energy is a scam, I am convinced that this company is ran by criminals. I signed up to have them as my electric provider. They took a security deposit provided service for 3 weeks and disconnected my utilities and refused to return the deposit. A complaint has been filed with the PUC. <br />
<br />
I would not recommend Amigo Energy, they will leave you in the dark.

It is amazing that the state of Texas still allows this company to operate. Must be the campaign contributions

Ho

Comments

• Ji
      20th of Jul, 2009

They are scam artists. Plain and simple.

Amigo advertised online price of 10.2c/kwh when I signed up. (I have screen cap to prove it) When the first bill arrived it was 11.2c/kwh. (I grumbled but blew it off as it was still a competetive price)

Then, at peak summer usages my June bill rate was increased to 16.7c/kwh. That combined with expected higher usage almost doubled what I paid in May. Of course I switched companies the same day and easily found 9c/kwh but the swap cannot be completed until the next billing cycle. Since I'm already into July that means I can expect another insane bill before the next guy can jump in and screw me. (Perfect timing on their part)

Isn't de-regulation great! Rolling blackouts in California, Have you tried to dispute a cell phone bill lately? Look at the republican arguments on why we should keep our current healthcare mess.

I say grab a gun and shoot a republican. Perhaps burn down a few rich-guy houses. Run down a few Jaguars. You get the point. We can thin them out if we all join in and express our sentiment ;-)

• Am
      11th of Oct, 2009

As an Ambit Energy consultant, I can tell you that not all alernate retail energy providers act this way.

The Dallas BBB has an F rating for Amigo, but Ambit enjoys an A- rating.

We offer very competative pricing, both variable plans and fixed plans (that actually stay fixed in price for 3, 6 or 12 months).

You can see my actual October 2009 bill at http://www.energybillreview.com/ambitbill.html

Find current rates and more about Ambit at http://DFW.JoinAmbit.com

1st of Feb, 2011

THESE M*THER[censored]ER ARE SCAM ARTIST. NOT A OPANION BUT A FACT. MY BILL FOR THE WHOLE FIRST MONTH 37.50 NEXT MONT 182.** I WAS LIKE WHAT THE F.CK...I DONT HAVE KIDS OR A TWO BED ROOM..I HAVE A SAMLL 1 BEDRROM APARTMENT, AND THESE MOTHER[censored]ERS TOLD ME TO CALL MY APARTMENT. I AINT COMPLAINING ABOUT MY RENT AM TALKING ABOUT THIS HIGH [censor] LIGHT BILL. THEY TOLD ME OVER PHONE TO PAY IT OR SLEEP WITH IT. SO I TOOK IT AS THE [censored] WAS TELLING ME AM BE IN DARK. THE LITTLE AS SHE KNOW SHE JUST GAVE ME A FREE MONTH OF LIGHTS, BECAUSE IAM SWITCHING ON THE FRAUD A**..NOW FOR ME TO TAKE MY TIMW OUT TO RIGHT THIS I MUST BE PISS...