AmeriTrust Financial / Do not trust this company - they are scams!

I received a phone call from Ameritrust on october 25, 2006, asking me if I wanted to sign up for a credit card to help raise my credit score.

The lady told me that the $200 processing fee would be reimbursed through vouchers, so I agreed. I gave them my information, and they deducted the money from my account on Nov.21.
I called them in the middle of December, and they said that a package was mailed to me on Nov. 28, and that it would cost me more to cancel, so I should just use the vouchers. It is now March, and I still have not received anything from them, and they have not returned my phone calls.

DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY. They are a scam, and will take your money.

Comments

• Si
      22nd of Feb, 2008

I WAS DECIEVED BY THIS COMPANY!!! I ASKED THE MAN THAT I TALKED TO IF THIS CARD WAS FOR A CATALOG AND TOLD HIM THAT IF IT WAS I DID NOT WANT IT! HE THEN TOLD ME THAT IT CAN BE USED FOR CATALOGS IF I WANTED IT TO BE AND I SAID NO! I ALSO ASKED HIM IF IT HAD ANY RESTRICTIONS ON IT AND IF I COULD USE IT ANYWHERE AND HE THEN TOLD ME THAT THERE WERE NO RESTRICTIONS ON IT AND THAT I COULD USE IT ABSOLUTELY ANYWHERE JUST LIKE A REGULAR CREDIT CARD. I ASKED HIM WHAT KIND OF CARD IT WAS AS WELL I ASKED IF IT WAS A VISA OR MASTER CARD AND HE THEN PROCEEDED TO ASK ME WHICH ONE DID I PREFER AND I REPLIED VISA AND HE SAID OK THAT IS NO PROBLEM. SO COME TO FIND OUT IT IS A CARD FOR A CATALOG AND ONLY AMERITRUSTS SITE! THIS IS ABSOLUTE BULL! THAT IS 200 DOLLARS THAT I DO NOT HAVE EXTRA IM 21 YEARS OLD AND A SINGLE MOTHER TRYING TO GO TO SCHOOL! I WRITE A LETTER TO THE PRESIDENT AND THEY DENIED MY REQUEST FOR A REFUND I AM GOING TO REPORT THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND I HOPE YOU WILL DO THE SAME!