Amerisave.com / COMPLETE RIPOFF

1 Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:

This company is a NIGHTMARE! I was dumb enough to get sucked in by some guy named Brian Graf to apply for a loan. After discussing the details with him on the phone he advised me to fill out the online application. That's where the scam begins... they got my credit card info, DUMB ME.

Anyway my loan was refused for no apparent reason, (our credit scores are 800+), my credit card was DOUBLE CHARGED (just a website "glitch" I'm told, and an appraisal fee for $450 charged. After a month of emails, (NO ONE EVER ANSWERS PHONES AFTER THEY GET YOU --call screening I'm sure), I STILL HAVE NOT BEEN REIMBURSED CHARGES.

I finally resorted to disputing the charge with my credit card company but I'm sure this will be a drawn out affair.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE SCAM ARTISTS!!!

Comments

• Un
      7th of May, 2009

We are going through the same thing. I was interested with the interest rates, quick closings, and all of the daily commentsx posted on thier web site. My husband was "pre-approved". We paid for the loan application, appraisal, inspection, and the credit reporting services, CredCo. We were told by Amerisave CredCo was unable to get a credit score from my husband. He is 30 something and has never owned a house, and has no debt.

Amerisave told him that he must file an Anthem credit report with CredCo. This took two weeks. Meanwhile we has to move out of the condo we were renting. We got pre-close possession on the house because the loan officer told our realtor that we would close in 10 days.

The Anthem report was faxed to Amerisave. The loan officer told us his boss wont accept Anthem in paper form. CredCo told us it was Amerisaves policy to accept only paper Anthem reports. By law CredCo could not send electonically. Why couldn't someone at Amerisave just SCAN IT???

After three days dealing with customer service, we were told they are UNABLE to fund the loan. We are being refunded for the inspection and are using another mortgage company that Credco suggested.

Unhappy with Amerisave in Warsaw, IN

• Br
      28th of Dec, 2009

Please read this before using Amerisave.!!!

If it sounds to good to be true it usually is! I have been a real estate broker for 24 years.I have delt with every mortgage company around. I new better and bit into their scam. Please go directly to a lender. I thought I would take advantage of low rates and borrow some money against my paid for house. In 24 years in the real estate business I have never delt with a company this bad. Don't waste your money. They will not honor what they say. All the ads talk about being on CNN, CNBC and other well known media. Do your home work and look at the dates. 2007- 2008. Money was loose during that time period. I am not writing this because I'm mad. I don't have to have the money. I don't want to see couples that are fighting to get through these tough times loose more money. The live feedback will not let you ad a comment if you are not satisfied, so don't think all is well at Amerisave. Again please don't fall into this scam.

• Ar
      1st of Apr, 2010

I have used Amerisav once before and I have to agree that getting the loan through was worse than a root canal. I was asked for some 'documentation' thast seemed almost impossible to get. At one point I told them that if they asked me for one more piece of documentation that they could take the loan and shove it. I got the approval and check shortly after. If you are thick skinned and can wait it out, you do get a good rate with reasonable closing costs. Besides,
    after a few payments, they sell the loan to a reputable bank.

Arnold, California