AmeriCredit / Harrassing phone calls & third party disclosure

1 MA, United States Review updated:

I am currently two months behind on my car loan payments with Americredit. Having been unemployed for 24 months, with no income but unemployment benefits, I am having a tough time keeping up. I am now receiving six calls a day, six days a week, from Americredit on both my home and cell phones. In addition, they are now calling my parents - and get this, they tracked down my father at his new job, leaving him an urgent message to call them regarding an emergency with his daughter. He called them and they then went in to detail about my delinquent account and requested that he provide them with all contact information he had for me. They then called my mother at home and did the same to her. Please, someone tell me this is illegal business practice. Where do I go to get help to stop Americredit in their tracks? Help!

Comments

• Aj
      3rd of Dec, 2010

Pay your bills or return your car!!! I know times are hard but there is no reason you deserve something you aren't paying for! Ride the bus!

• Lo
      3rd of Dec, 2010

Why should he pay? Americredit is an arm of GM

When GM pays it's bailout money back this guy can pay his bill.

It's against the FDCA to contact anyone other than the people listed on the loan.

It's a slipperly slope with this if they have never spoken to you but if they have spoken to you they are not permitted to speak to anyone else not listed on the account.

• Vi
      4th of Dec, 2010

I am a third party reference for an individual on a loan and never gave permission to be Americredit's debt collector. They call my business cell phone constantly. I haven't even spoken to the person that used me as a personal reference for ages. This is total BS harrassment to bring in parties that aren't even involved with the loan. Hope they get sued. Why are they not getting fined for using loan personal references for their debt ccollection? They should send me a paycheck for my cell phone minutes. They are stealing from me as far as I am concerned!