AmeriCredit / This company is a ripoff!

This company is a ripoff. Now they are charging 5 extra dollars for online payments. I don't pay a fee with anybody else so why these people. Don't do business with them. They don't treat customers very good.

Comments

• Ra
      13th of Aug, 2007

Americredit is the worst company, they are rude and harass when payments are late. I purchased a vehicle from a dealer in Massachusetts in December 2005 and the payments were high. The vehicle was sold with a warranty we paid $1000 from the dealer. The dealer never purchased the warranty and we were stuck with a dead vehicle. I called Americredit and they were not willing to listen to my problem nor were they willing to help. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!

• St
      30th of Nov, 2007

Could not agree with you more!Absolutely will not listen to anything in the way of an explanation as to ones circumstances. All they tell you is that it is not their problem or you are to blame. They harass you at work, home and even call references that you have provided. Never at all costs do business with Americredit or you will be Sorry!

• Ci
      28th of Feb, 2008

I have been dealing with Americredit for almost 5 years and they are the worst finance company ever. They harrass you and home, work, wherever they can. I was at the end of my loan and they had my car repossessed without any warning. My husband is on the heart transplant list and we have fallen on hard times due to medical bills, but they don't care if you have been paying for the past 4 1/2 years and you have a life and death situation. I will never do business with Americredit ever again.

• Wi
      13th of May, 2008

Yeah, they suckered me in too! I didn't have the credit to finance through a REAL finance company, and needed a vehicle.
    I'm paying for my 2003 Ford Ranger three times! Not to mention the harassment I've dealt with. NEVER AGAIN!!!

I'd rather walk than deal with Americredit again!!!

• Na
      30th of Apr, 2012

I have a suncoast schools credit union savings account that I do not use at all, i do not event swipe the debit card associated with this account. I have never given this account number to anyone at all. I do not keep much money on this account, only 10$ or 20$, the main reason why I have it is because i have a credit card associated with it that has very low interest rate. Well, long story short, this morning I realized I have to NSF of 29 each in that account and I called the credit union they told me the I have to transactions: $428.85 from GMF AmeriCredit GMF AmeriC and $5.00 from FEE WU GMF Amer WUGMF Amer in. I do not know what the deal is but I have never been owe this company a dime, as matter of fact, i did not event know who they were until I googled them. This Jerks should be out of business for good, shame on them.

• Sf
      16th of Jul, 2012

I have read these complaints from people and it sounds just awful!! I certainly feel empathy for all of them!! I have had 2 loans w/Americredit one an 07 Ford Ranger and one a 2011 Camaro, I must say the due dates were the same each month and I paid by the due date each month and had exactly zero issues with them on either loan. I think you must remember that this company is a company that gives people a chance that otherwise would not get a loan, so they do take a risk picking us up to begin with. I do know a company (wells fargo) I had a loan with and was able to defer a payment once as a hard-ship, I knew in advance I was going to be unable to pay it and got w/them right away. I still do know that some companies are uncaring and it is ultimately our problem and not theirs. Gotta pay them bills!