AmeriCredit / LOST 2 years of payments and ruined credit!!

1 Alberta, Canada Review updated:

Have just found out today via a credit report that Americredit has failed to credit 2 years of payments to my vehicle and is attempting to re-possess it! We've had a nightmare of a time with this company: The initial payment was meant to be $19k, but they accidentally put it in for $22k...we noticed when reviewing the vehicle information that ours was not "the black special edition with the sunroof" and they promptly agreed to change the balance amount to $19k. Not a great start, but seemed like an easily remedied mistake. We set up automatic payments to be debited from our chequing account and for 4 months there were no problems...then all of a sudden, payments were deducted on random days, instead of the agreed upon date. Sometimes it would be right before payday, resulting in NSF fees we had to pay. So, after multiple phone calls and their assurance it wouldn't happen again, we decided we would Western Union the money to be sure it was going in at the correct time. All we had to do was phone them with a confirmation # to show the payment was made. No problem, right? That's what we thought. A credit report my husband had run today shows that we owe $22k had haven't made a single payment in over 2 years. How is that even possible??? If a payment was a day late we got urgent telephone calls!! Yet there is no record of payment on our credit report AT ALL. As a result, the account has been flagged as "written off" and the jeep is to be repossessed. Both my husband and I have taken huge hits on our credit scores, and will soon have no vehicle to show for it, let alone the 2 years of payments we faithfully made. Apparently, it takes a lot to have this status removed form your credit history, but we'll try; it appears it's been in this status for a year, but NOBODY TOLD US. The usually insistent and borderline harassing Americredit hasn't said ANYTHING about missing 2 years of payments!!! We have all of our receipts, but if they insist they haven't made a mistake, we are out $14, 000, a jeep and our credit, which will take us years to get back to a robust status. No matter how badly you need a vehicle AVOID AMERICREDIT!!! Get a bike if you have to. This company has ruined the next 4 years of my life.

Comments

• Si
      2nd of Feb, 2010

I opened a loan with Americredit 3/19/2008 for 22, 318.90 with a monthly payment of 517.00 for 72 months on a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica. I have nothing but trouble from the onset with this company. They post payments late then they charge you the late fees that never seem to come off of your account. I recently acquired a copy of my credit report and found that I have 12 months straight of late payments with Americredit a few times even showing 60 days delinquent. I am no Einstein, but I know that any other finance company would have reposessed their property by now. The truth is I have not paid my note on time every month, but I have made every payment everytime, and never -ever -ever missed 2 consecutive payments. I have paid $700, $800, $661, so on and so forth to makesure that my payments were sufficient to satisfy my debtors. These people are just evil and the consisitenly violate the laws regarding fair debt collecting. They have called my home 4 times in a day then my cell 2 times and even my job phone several times in that same day. The law allows for 2 calls if I am not mistaken. They harrass their clients ungodly. I recently checked my statement online and discovered that I owe another $158.60 late fee for my February payment. Here is the catch thought today is February 2 my payment is not due until the 15th does anyone else see a problem with this, and my account is current with no payments outstanding. I swear they are just making this stuff up, I have problem paying when I owe something but I believe they are trying to charge people for phantom occurrances to keep them in these over interest, over blown loans. I have paid over $11, 000 in payments but I still owe $19, 000 on a loan that was opened 2 years ago for 22, 000. That my friends makes no mathmatical sense. I can only deduce that I have paid $8, 000 in interest. In other words if they were to reposess my auto today they would have made their interest on the loan and retaken the auto, then sent it to auction, made some more on it at aution, and then sent me a bill for the difference of what the auto got at auction versus what was left on the loan, and this is legal, are you freaking kidding me. I believe a class action Lawsuit is in order, as individuals we do not have the power to fight these kinds of financial rapists and they know it, but as hundreds or thousands of angry well organized and well represented Americans we can hit these offenders in the only place they will feel and understand it; their wallets.