America's Service Station / Terrible experience!

Lawrenceville, GA, United States Review updated:
3.35
After taking my car to this facility for overheating, I was told that I needed a new water pump and to replace the timing belt at the same time. I agreed. Since the car had high miles on it I also elected at my choosing to replace the radiator. I purchased an aftermarket radiator and delivered it to the shop. Three years later and I am replacing the engine. Upon removing the radiator for the engine replacement I noticed that it was a Mopar factory equip radiator. This shop did not replace the radiator, however kept the new radiator and charged me the labor to replace it. I would not trust them with nothing.
Wa

Comments

Bo
  9th of Jun, 2008
So you let them replace parts willy-nilly and are now bummed?

Perhaps you might consider the possibilty that the part you bought was a re-built which would have the "MOPAR" name on it.

I would be more bummed about buying a water pump that I most likely did not need.
Mu
  18th of Jun, 2008
Ok so how many miles are on the car is question? 100k + Any time you do a job like this on a vehicle why not replace the waterpump it was probably less than 75.00. I bet he would be pissed if the waterpump was not replaced and then it failed a couple months later! Then i bet he wold be mad at them for not letting him know it was recommended. As for a mopar radiator did you want thenm to use a cheap aftermarket part? WTF. Disd you inspect the radiator 1st? Ive seen aftermarket parts with a mopar stamp on it!