American Strategic Insurance / Ripped me off
I had a policy with this insurance company for home insurance and into the 2nd year I noticed my bill went up from $3500 to $9000. This alerted me to call and find out why such a big jump. The guy on the phone told me it was because of hurricane Wilma yada, yada, yada. So for the past two years I paid $9000 for my home insurance. YES, I live in Florida..
In discussion with a colleague who works in the insurance business I enquired why do insurance companies suddenly up the amount after a hurricane. She kindly offered to look over my policy with me. Lo and behold AMERICAN STRATEGIC INSURANCE (ASI) had me in the wrong territory. I live no where near the beach yet I am placed in that territory. They also added on a lot of charges for stuff I did not have like I was charged for trampoline I have none...etc. I called several times at first the agent was very apologetic and said he would call the underwriter. Then he flipped and said there is no way I can prove that I am in the wrong territory and insurance companies use different territories so even if CITIZEN quotes me as not being on the beach that does not reflect on their system for territories.
So all in all guys they ripped me off for 2 years and when I called them out on it. They were not very helpful and refused to correct it or issue me a refund. Someone did not want to lose on their commission. I switched to CITIZENS by the way. Anyone thinking of using ASI please do your research on the policies the trick you into.
More American Strategic Insurance Complaints & Reviews
- American Strategic Insurance - Refusing to Pay Claim 
- American Strategic Insurance - Bad choice for insurance 
- American Strategic Insurance - Insurance Claim
- American Strategic Insurance - Claims service 
- American Strategic Insurance Group [ASI] - Unprofessional claims agents / supervisors
- American Strategic Insurance Corp - customer/client insurance claim never/not paid yet significant price hike
- American Strategic Insurance Corp - homeowners insurance
- American Strategic Insurance Corp - Unjust policy cancellation