American Income Life Insurance / Lies, Deception, Lawbreaking

1 5703 Oberlin Dr San Diego CA 92121San Diego, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8584509919

STEER CLEAR of working for this company. I worked as "Human Resources Recruiter, " my job was NOT to work with the hiring manager to make job descriptions, look for qualified candidates, or conduct interviews BUT to cold call from a compiled list of resumes from Monster, Careerbuilder, and Beyond to recruit interviewees for a sales position. I was not prohibited to look at their resumes, tell them it was a sales position, or give a job description. I had to call people three times before leaving a voicemail, and this was micromanaged and checked via the phone line. People who did not answer OR who said no to the interview offer were to be put on a list to be called in the future (weeks to months). I was not allowed to take rest breaks, had to take my lunch into my 6th hour of an 8 hour shift, was told I was an employee of AIL and filled out a w4 but was paid by the hiring managers by personal check. There was no paycheck stub with breakdown of hours, gross wages, net wages, etc. They do not offer benefits to full time HR Recruiters. They make recruiters provide their own computer. When asking if I was an independent contractor, I was told several times I was not, and most questions along the status of my employment were either answered vaguely or not at all. This company is fueled by deception, they told us to manipulate the people we were calling to set up interviews with, and to not give information on the fact that the job was commission based or that they would have to pay licensing fees up front and would only be reimbursed if they stayed with the company for six months. I was paid $25 per hire, and was monitored by how many hires I had a week, even though it was based on a random pool of resumes. I have reported them to the Labor Bureau and this entry is specifically for The Furer Group Branch in Sorrento Valley of San Diego, CA.

• Updated by Kbye, Sep 07, 2017

I meant I WAS prohibited to look at resumes, etc.

Kb
Sep 7, 2017

Comments

• St
      15th of Sep, 2018

If I was told not look at a resume that I had access to I look any way. when they tell you to put some back on the call list when clearly they do not wish to be on it. delete their resume anyways. I know it is easier a quit a job that you don't like' However if they are deceiving people, and you are the front line do something to change it. and if they find out your fired what's the big deal you did not want to be there anyways, The point I'm making if it is wrong and you know it, and you have access to change what you can then try. Obviously They are still business from what I can understand they are a huge company chances are they will stay open. You are the first person to see a resume call a person you want a change then be that change! they are sneaky I know that I really do, you can be sneaky too just in a way that will be positive.