American home shield / not really insurance but a fraud

1 1524 Highway 30 EastCarroll, IA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-247-4777

When we had a plumbing leak we called our insurance company(American Home Shield) they sent out their plumbing company (RiteAway Plumbing Services) We were told that AHS would pay only
$1, 000. for the job since the leak was under the slab(this agreed with the policy) The representatives from RiteAway told us that the job would cost $3, 500. and that AHS would pay the first $1, 000. leaving us with a bill of $2, 500. This was for a four hour job with less than $200. in materials. I called AHS to complain and was told that I could get my our plumber but they would still only pay $1, 000. I had the job completed for $1, 200. and since received a letter from AHS denying any coverage at all.
The job was covered if we paid $2, 500. for a $1, 200. job. These are crooks who take advantage of people who are not familiar with what certain jobs should cost.
I have since looked on line and found numberous similar complaints.

Comments

• Po
      6th of Nov, 2008

Absolute ripoff! Every time a technician comes, collects $55 for a visit, and finds a reeason to do nothing. electrical broke - he found something not up to the code (and what house doesn't have something not up to the code)? refrigerator broke - ice maker is not covered. garage opener broke - garage door is too heavy and only if i pay technician $500 it will magically become ok.

• Ve
      19th of Mar, 2010

If AHS company tries to send anyone to your home, always look them up the BBB.org. Rite-A-Way Services has an F on the site.