American home shield / not really insurance but a fraud
When we had a plumbing leak we called our insurance company(American Home Shield) they sent out their plumbing company (RiteAway Plumbing Services) We were told that AHS would pay only
$1, 000. for the job since the leak was under the slab(this agreed with the policy) The representatives from RiteAway told us that the job would cost $3, 500. and that AHS would pay the first $1, 000. leaving us with a bill of $2, 500. This was for a four hour job with less than $200. in materials. I called AHS to complain and was told that I could get my our plumber but they would still only pay $1, 000. I had the job completed for $1, 200. and since received a letter from AHS denying any coverage at all.
The job was covered if we paid $2, 500. for a $1, 200. job. These are crooks who take advantage of people who are not familiar with what certain jobs should cost.
I have since looked on line and found numberous similar complaints.
More American home shield Complaints & Reviews
- American home shield - the truth about ahs 
- AHS Home Warranty Company - don't trust them 
- American Home Shield (AHS) - unable to cancel the policy 
- American home shield - rip off 
- American home shield - beware 
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - Washer
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - plumbing
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - service!!! or rather no service
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - air condition repair
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - living without ac for three weeks