American General Finance / Inconsiderate and rude

We have had a loan with AG for over 5 years now. It was a small loan that has been re-written multiple times which in turn has not really helped us pay off our debt. I am writing to let you know about one of your employees in the West Valley Branch. Carrie. She took over our account a couple years ago. We have gone through a rough time recently with a newborn in the hospital which in turn made us default on our load. We have a court date set up to settle our debt with AG however we will be paying off our debt before the actual court date. I am very dissatisfied in the treatment we have received while being in a hard time. Most American's are going through a hard time right now which is why I am writing this to you.

We have been continually hassled with phone calls and voice mails at least 3 times a week since we have been served papers. I don't know if this is policy, but it is annoying and I don't really know what else you would like us to do when obviously we can't do anything about our debt.

My husband received a phone call on 1/11/11. He answered the phone and it was Carrie. She was very rude to my husband. As he explained he would be paying off the debt in a couple of weeks before the court date, and he asked if he could be offered a settlement. Carrie told him no, and why would she offer us anything at this point (maybe to put money in your pocket???). She then continued to insult my husband and then she hung up on him.

Does American General treat all of their customers this way. In this day and age you will get further with common courtesy then being overbearing, harrassing, and plain rude to your customers. I thought I would let you know about this situation to avoid it happening to other customers. We have been dealing with this kind of behavior from most of the employees from the same office for almost a year and I find it unacceptable.

I am so excited to finally be able to pay our debt. I won't have to hear from the inconsiderate employess at American Genral anymore!

Comments

• Gr
      15th of Mar, 2011

AGF has the rudest employees in the country. They're corporate crooks... don't borrow from them. They will lie to you and harass you even if you never had a late payment. They suck!